Le Chant's oven - the BIG one today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Chant's oven - the BIG one today!

Hi all. Just to let you know I got my oven up to temperature just now! Great big flames licking right up the chimney! Scary stuff! Just piled a few more oak logs on there and wow! We've just been watching the bricks turn from black to white! Absolutely thrilled! The only thing is - I have NO pizza dough ready!! I was only going to light a medium fire, but noticed the bricks starting to turn, so built it up a little more, then a little more. No idea what the temps are as I don't even have a thermometer! How prepared am I? I don't care though! Woo Hoo!

Re: Le Chant's oven - the BIG one today!

Pics pls!
    My oven: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/21/t...html#post46599
    My blog: Live For Pizza

Comment

Oops. Sorry Tim. I was just too excited. I've calmed down a bit now.

Taken just a few minutes ago.

Can you imagine a Brit running around his 2 acre plot in the middle of France, shouting 'Yee Haaaaa' at the top of his voice? That's me!

Comment

nice fire. It's really exciting to watch the bricks turn, isn't it! You can be assured that all of us here really understand the "yee haa"!
        Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

Thanks Elizabeth! Yes, it's really exciting. I had to wait for the supermarket to open so's I could go and buy some pizza making stuff!

Anyway, first off I tried croissants, but the oven was waaaaaaaaaaaay too hot! I burnt those simply by having them in there for less than 30 secs while I came over to the house to fetch my camera!

Then, I made my very first (and most delicious) calzone pizza. WOW!

I know you guys have seen pics like these a thousand times, but I'm just so stoked to be able to post my own at last!

Thanks James for the chance to be among fellow enthusiasts!
          Last edited by Le Chant; 10-13-2008, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Nice job on the calzone. Great color. I haven't tried one of those yet.

Sorry about the croissants! Maybe too much fat in them for that temperature?

We all have our "burnt offerings" from time to time, though. Mine was an upside down pizza. Not good eats.
            Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

Congrats! I really like the shape of your oven. That first big fire is definitely a thrill, isn't it?
              Picasa web album
              Oven-building thread

Comment

Fabulous

Its a great feeling aint it......haha

Exactly what I did - Run to the supermarket for beer and flour

Comment

I'm well chuffed with it Ross. Turned out a few pizzas tonight. Here's a sample...

Comment

That is a very delectable looking pizza.

Comment

LeChant
                      Great job! I am excited for you too! Croissants will have to bake waaaayyy later when there is no fire in the oven at all...you'll be able to do pizzas, breads, roasts, then biscuits, croissants, puddings, then dried fruits and vegetables...you're going to go nuts....I envy you being in that part of europe
                      All the best!
                      Dutch
                      "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
                      "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Nice job .

Comment

Thanks everyone! Well, we've enjoyed our first small-ish pizza party on Sunday afternoon. Friends as well as guests had freshly cooked pizzas in the sunshine here with a few beers! Very nice it was too. The oven went down a treat. I just have to have a metal door made for it now!

Comment

Working...
                          X