Larry’s Inferno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry’s Inferno

By reading all the posts and the vast wealth of knowledge on Forno Bravo I have formed a vision in my mind and on paper of what I would like to build in the way of a WFO. I really enjoy the fact no two ovens look the same and everyone adds a little of themselves to their build. I hope to be able to help someone with their oven build by documenting my journey one brick at a time. Please feel free to make any and all suggestions because the ideas in my head are not yet cast in stone.

Re: Larry?s Inferno

Good luck and keep the pics coming.

Comment

If you're building up with brick from the bottom (which I think looks way better than a lot of other finishes) I used and recommend the Bricky brick laying jig. It makes bad bricklayers good and good bricklayers fast. Even the trowel that comes with the kit is a superior shape and feel from the ones that come from the hardware store.

You may need an inch on the inside of the wall to use the bricky: just lay up your blocks after that layer of brick is set.

Good looking bricks, by the way.
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Hi Dmun
        As a mater of fact based on your recomendation and postings I'm using the bricky and it has proved to be a great tool. I brought it new off of Ebay for a little less than you can get it from their website. I also agree about the look of brick all the way up.

Comment

The page where I demonstrate the Bricky is here.
          My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

I was able to make some more progress on my oven this past weekend. The Arch took some time and I and I had to let the mortar setup a bit before I could put another brick into place. Fitting in the bricks around the arch will probably take even longer. I anticipate a lot of measuring and cutting.

Comment

That's a lovely arch!
              My oven: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/21/t...html#post46599
              My blog: Live For Pizza

Comment

Aye, the arch looks great! And I really love the brick you got. I am looking for something very similar. Really nice work

Travis
                TravisNTexas

Comment

Thank You. Yes the brick really makes a difference. It took me awhile but I was lucky and found someone that was redoing their patio and was just looking to get rid of them. He gave me a price less than new brick would have cost. It does take a little more time because I have to pressure clean them first. It's definitely worth the extra work. The local yards sell the old Chicago brick but it was way too expensive for me. I should have enough for the entire exterior of the oven. To be on the safe side I'm concentrating on the front and the visible sides first and if I run out, of the old brick, I will use new brick in the back.

Comment

I was hoping to get more done over the Holidays but something always seem to interrupt my brick laying. Most of the time it was rain. Hopefully later this week I will be able to get the wood forms in place for the second pour. Happy New Year to all!

Larry

Comment

Larry,
                      That looks awesome! I can't wait to see your oven.

Comment

Larry,

Any updates? You're making me wait! After the nice brickwork, I really want to see this forno. Now I want to re-do my oven with brick. Are you happy?

Signed,
                        Jealous in N.Florida
                        Joe

Comment

Hi Joe,
                          I have done a little touch up work and electrical work on my oven. I also made a supporting arch behind the front arch. All the wood forms and rebar are also in place too. I have timed my second pour for next week. The company that I'm working for has put everybody on furlough for next week and it seem like a good way to keep out of trouble. I should have some new pictures end of next week.

Larry

Comment

Addition of supporting arch.

Comment

Electric added.

Comment

Working...
                              X