my new oven in progress summer 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new oven in progress summer 08

well work season is over its time for comp. time, started my oven in April sorry no photos of base construction had a few miss calculations and crazy chimney ideas but finally resolved it, this forum has been a good source of information thanks for all your different posts that I have learned different ideas a great bunch of PIZZAIOLIS and good first time builders. I was born in Bari Italy and was raised around a brick oven (my father was a 30year exp. baker) loved the smell of fresh bread for my first 11 years of my life, then my father to give up baking bread and move to America. I've often visited the rest of my older siblings in Italy, and the first thing I wanted to eat was a good WFO PIZZA the aroma is unforgettable the taste undeniable Italian, and now with my new WFO I can have these taste buds live again and the bread OH MY GOD fabulous,I woke up the kid in me, well I'm going to try to post some pictures finally.

Re: my new oven in progress summer 08

I hope this works Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0926.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	273683

Comment

Originally posted by MAVANO View Post
      I hope this works [ATTACH]10092[/ATTACH]
      here's another

Comment

I think I'am getting the Idea Of how to post multiple pict.

Comment

some satisfied custumers and a roast turkey fo Thanksgiving , not yet finished with the outer shell planing to terra cotta stucco and a small cantalever in front of final arch to be applied
          Last edited by MAVANO; 12-05-2008, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Looks really good! Can you give the specifics about the turkey? I'm having fear of cooking turkey. I have a gigantic one for Christmas...
            Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

Looks great! Very clean work, tight joints, round dome. Now just enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Mark

Comment

Looking really good Mavano...keep the pics coming!
                Check out my oven progress here: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/phot...dex.php?u=4147

See ALL of my pictures here:
                http://picasaweb.google.com/Brevenc/...OutdoorKitchen

Comment

Originally posted by egalecki View Post
                  Looks really good! Can you give the specifics about the turkey? I'm having fear of cooking turkey. I have a gigantic one for Christmas...

a 10 lb. turkey 3hrs but 2 1/2 hrs would be good at 3hrs inside temp. was 220 all its needed is 180 -190 , but it was the juiceyst turkey ever. my wife did no trust cooking the turkey in the WFO so she dicided to make another 10lb. in the conventional oven. mine was a hit ,my fahter in law being an old Italian never much ate the turkey, but this time he had double, this man is a very finikey eater ,said this was the best he's had celebrating Thanksgiving since he came to America (35yrs),,any way it was cooked at 400F give or take a few fired up oven at 700F air temp waited 1 hr. raked out 3/4 of hot coals placed 4 soaked hickory chips on coals placed turkey uncovered until it browned than covered it for the remainder, it was stuffed and layed it on a bed of celery and cut up onions coated it with olive oil of cuorse sea salt and fresh ground pepper fresh sage inside bird and a few sprigs of rosemary on the outside with the vegtlbl.

Comment

Originally posted by exceloven View Post
                    Looks great! Very clean work, tight joints, round dome. Now just enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Mark
                    thanks its good to hear from you guys. me being a novice and all.

Comment

That sounds divine, I've copied your recipe
                      My oven: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/21/t...html#post46599
                      My blog: Live For Pizza

Comment

Originally posted by Breven View Post
                        Looking really good Mavano...keep the pics coming!
                        man I checked out your pics. good job on dome and chimney trans.I wish I would of looked a little more at others building skills could of learned much, I found the forum a bit late in the building stage,I just downloaded the plans and started working tought I knew it all, could of learned a lot from all the members , yours looks awsome thats a lot of building you did ,is it finshed yet, about some pics.

Comment

Thanks for the turkey info! I think I'm going to try a practice turkey before I go for the big one.
                          Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

Mavano,
                            I think I'll be starting next spring. What depth is your foundation? We're in the same area (NW burbs of Chicago) and have read different opinions.
                            Thanks

Comment

Hi Craig its nice to hear from someone in this area ,well I dug 18 inches on the perimeter 4 inches in the center and poured it in one shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X