And another door design...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And another door design...!

I've gone the hybrid door route, and built an aluminium box that is fronted with 20mm Oak panel, and filled with perlite and rockwool.

The oak is sheathed on 3 sides, and only really exposed to the heat on its extreme edges, although the aluminium box is a fairly tight fit in the opening for the oven.

I've paid heed to the comments about using screws, so where possible its all riveted together.

Had the first fire of the year tonight, just to put some heat in and drive the moisture out, and with the new door in, I'll be interested to see what the temperatures are in the morning.

Cheers

Pete

Re: And another door design...!

Looks great, especially with your bricks in the dome. How'd it hold up to the heat?
    my work in progress:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/phot...dex.php?u=1031

Comment

Re: And another door design...!

Its not done too bad against the heat, although I didn't fire up too hot as it was only the first fire of the year ! This weekend will be different though !!

From a heat retention point of view, I lost about 20% of the heat overnight - this was from about 100c to 80c (thermocouple temps) and what was surprising was the amount the temperature rose in the brick when the door was put in - heat soak into the over was about 10%

I'll post more over the weekend - the counter top will be finished this weekend, and I'll be firing properly tomorrow..!!

Cheers

Pete

Comment

Working...
      X