New build in Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New build in Colorado

This is the intended design for my new build in Colorado. I doubt I'll be posting as many progress photos as many on this site, but I'll post what I can (I'm less than a week from finishing the dome and have only taken a few photos).

Last edited by drseward; 08-12-2009, 07:57 AM.

Re: New build in Colorado

Here are some more pics, including last evening after finishing the arch. I removed the support after 3 hours to clean the bricks and all went well. Also, I am happy to report that it was still standing this morning.

I've been a little obsessed with precision cutting of the dome bricks. I've finished 4 courses plus soldier course and the inner arch and have used a little more 50% of one bag of HS50. That is great stuff to work with, by the way.

I cut the backside of the arch bricks to allow the dome bricks to tie in. It should make the transition pretty easy.

The oven will have an ID of 42" with a dome height of 19".

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by drseward View Post
      I cut the backside of the arch bricks to allow the dome bricks to tie in. It should make the transition pretty easy.
      Wow! That detail is very impressive.
      -David

Comment

Looking good! Better keep moving becuase it will be snowing before you know it!
        Nice to see another Colorado oven go in!

Drake
        My Oven Thread:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

I also found this post by drseward showing his arch transition that I think is a good idea. gmchm

Comment

This build is impressive from the construction aspect - very tight, uniform joints throughout as well as the design elements (not shown here) - thermal break and entryway geometry/cast flue gallery.

Comment

Working...
            X