Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pompeii style Pizza oven

Hello Forum members.

Am new to this forum and did'nt know which thread to post this on so took a chance and posted it on a new thread.

Built this in the summer on a shoestring using nearly ALL reclaimed materials. Used 3 types of bricks in the construction, using reclaimed full wire-cut clays for the dome. The form for the dome was made from cardboard ( 12 pieces 1 meter in dia, 50 cms in height, interlocked into eachother, making 24 ribs, strenthened with covering strips of newspaper papiermache)

The total interier dimentions of the dome are 1 meter by 50 cms laid on top of the first coarse laid in the soldier fashion.

Used much research on the web plus general building knowledge to build the beast. First full firing (recently) was successful, but used wrong wood/fuel to achieve full heat potencial. Would like help with which wood/charcoal? to use when I fire it up again (soon) please.

Have many more pics of the project and about a thousand questions to ask. any thoughts or comments on my little wood-oven would be gladly recieved.

Regards Terry (C.F)
    Honi soit qui mal y pense

My 2nd Pompeii build.....

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...eii-build.html
Working...
X