Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I finished laying the last stones yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finished laying the last stones yesterday.

I haven't posted much on here lately - too busy working on my oven. We have only cooked in it a few times, but are going to get more serious about it.

Re: I finished laying the last stones yesterday.

Congratulations, that is a beautiful oven. I like the two level counterspace.

Drake
    My Oven Thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Here here,
      well done, something to be very proud of and to now enjoy.

Neill
      Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
      Neill’s kitchen underway
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

One of the best ovens I have ever seen - nicely done!!

Look forward to seeing the fare it can produce.

Rossco
        / Rossco

Comment

Very nice looking oven. Now show us some food.

Tom
          Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

Comment

Wow!!

Looks Fantastic. Well done

Do you have any pics off the Build?
            John

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...-wfo-7911.html

The difference between a successful person and others is not the lack of strength, nor the lack of knowledge… but rather, the lack of will power.

Comment

Yes, I have all kinds of pictures from beginning to end. Copy and paste the web address below and it will take you there to see my pictures.

Picasa Web Albums - Chris - Briot pizza o...

Comment

A real MASTERPIECE.

Thanks for the very detailed build pics - have forwarded the link to a friend who is about to start building oven number 2 !!!

What is the rationale behind building the "house" bit over the oven? Is it for weather protection?
                / Rossco

Comment

I wanted to make my oven look kind of like a little stone house. I researched this project for over a year. I must have looked at every picture of wood fired ovens on the internet. I just really liked the looks of the ovens that had roofs, stone, and brick. And living in Oregon, where we have lots of rain, I designed mine with a roof. I got the most beautiful stone given to me by a local mason, who had them left over from a job. My son worked for him as his hod carrier, and when he told the masons that his mom wanted to build a pizza oven they all laughed. That just made me more determined.

My husband and sons helped with the foundation, and I hired an unemployed mason to help me with the dome, but after that I did all the work by myself. I'm fairly handy, but I had never taken on anything quite like this. But I loved every minute of it. Don't look to close to my steel stud framing though. For me it was the most challenging part, and there is very little information out there about how to do it. It was like building a big erector set.

Originally I bought plans from Alan Scott and the ones from Rado Hand, the Aussie guy. But then I delved more into The Forno Bravo site and decided that their design was the way to go. I wouldn't build any other kind.

Have fun with it - I sure did.

Comment

That is the most beautiful oven I have yet seen. I bow to both your vision and your skill.

Comment

That's really nice stone. It's so colorful. Is it "thick" or is it a veneer, thin sheets? I'm trying to figure out my options.

Nicely done.

WFO Webpage: http://keithwiley.com/brickPizzaOven.shtml
                      Thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...ttle-7878.html

Comment

That is by FAR the most beautiful WFO I have seen, It's a real credit to you mate.

Comment

Awesome....

Does the house part provide additional insulation during the cooking process.

Originally posted by briot View Post
                          I wanted to make my oven look kind of like a little stone house. I researched this project for over a year. I must have looked at every picture of wood fired ovens on the internet. I just really liked the looks of the ovens that had roofs, stone, and brick. And living in Oregon, where we have lots of rain, I designed mine with a roof. I got the most beautiful stone given to me by a local mason, who had them left over from a job. My son worked for him as his hod carrier, and when he told the masons that his mom wanted to build a pizza oven they all laughed. That just made me more determined.

My husband and sons helped with the foundation, and I hired an unemployed mason to help me with the dome, but after that I did all the work by myself. I'm fairly handy, but I had never taken on anything quite like this. But I loved every minute of it. Don't look to close to my steel stud framing though. For me it was the most challenging part, and there is very little information out there about how to do it. It was like building a big erector set.

Originally I bought plans from Alan Scott and the ones from Rado Hand, the Aussie guy. But then I delved more into The Forno Bravo site and decided that their design was the way to go. I wouldn't build any other kind.

Have fun with it - I sure did.
                          / Rossco

Comment

I don't know what they call this stone. As I said, it was given to me. It is real stone, and if I had to buy it myself, I probably would have used something else. It's fairly expensive.

Comment

I don't think the house enclosure helps insulation any, but you'd have to ask one of the experts.

Comment

Working...
                              X