new in town doing special project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new in town doing special project

We are doing a project for our church wher we recreate the town of Bethlehem and we need an oven, partly for looks and also just to heat up the bread without needing to bake it. It needs to be portable because we need to move it after the event and store it. It doesn't need to be up to 400 degrees but maybe 180 to 200. I thought about making the frame out of wire mesh and covering it with some type of concrete that is used in brick laying. I hope ya'll understand this request and although it is off the beaten path I sure could use some feedback ...thank you and God Bless ya'll
    Last edited by larryodat; 10-03-2006, 07:20 PM.

Larry - this posting is in the wrong section. Move it (cut and paste aka copy) to the Newbie Forum and delete it from here.

Most of the ovens we make here use a rip roaring fire. There is a problem with a DIY portable oven that you have a need for. Most likely anything homebuilt will not have a seal of approval from UL let alone meet city code. Since you will be dealing with the general public and depending on which state you live in you could be setting yourself up for litigation. As such that is porbably why no-one has responded. Try doing a google seach for portable low temperature ovens. I would look for a propane or electric heat source.

Comment

Working...
    X