Totally new with Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally new with Questions

Does anyone know where I can buy the "Indispensable tool" apparently Forno Bravo does not sell it.

New to the forum. What are tags and Trackbacks?
    Michelle

Re: Totally new with Questions

The tool is something you make. Search Indispensable tool and you will see many different types and methods of making it. I passed mine on to another builder. Somebody may have one they are done with.

Eric

Comment

What are tags and Trackbacks?
      I've been on the forum from within months of the beginning, and I don't know what tags and trackbacks are. Let us know when you find out.

As far as the indispensable tool, or searching the forum in general, google is often better and more thorough than the forum search tool.

An example:
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

I'm certainly no expert on this but:

Websites and blogs are designed and written in HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) which is like a set of codes which provide a means to create structured documents. There are dozens of tags, but one of them, which you may recognize, is a FONT tag, which is merely an instruction whereby the user can define the appearance of text such as:

<FONT Size=_ or - Number between 1 - 7>

In this example the tag is the text contained within the brackets.

Trackback itself is a framework for peer-to-peer communication between weblogs. Among other things, it can track cross-weblog discussions and can provide remote content access.

A big part (at least for me anyway) of the allure and value of this site is one's ability to quickly search and reference a topic (with images!) such as flue design or refractory mortar recipes. Trackback allows the navigation and access to all the information contained on the FB site that James so wonderfully administrates.

John
        Last edited by GianniFocaccia; 08-12-2010, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Welcome Michelle!
          If you're a bit handy the tool is an easy one to make. Look through http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...idea-2573.html

You'll find the plans and parts that you'll need to get going with the I.T. Also know that most around here will be happy to respond to a private message.

Chris

Comment

Working...
          X