Hexagon house enclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hexagon house enclosure

Hi. New to forum. Please excuse if answered elsewhere before.
    Planning on building casa90 2G. Want to build a hexagon shape around oven with chimney in center of roof. Can I angle chimney back 30degrees or more to put in center of structure without effecting performance of oven? Are the necc. clearances 1"+4" of insulation. If oven is insulated and I maintain clearances , can I use wood studs, esp. for roof? What would I need for min. dimensions around base for a hexagon shape with casa902G? Any input appreciated. Thanks, Steve

Re: Hexagon house enclosure

Can I angle chimney back 30degrees or more to put in center of structure without effecting performance of oven?
    Thirty degrees Yes. More, no. Building code calls for a maximum number 2 of bends in a flue, and a maximum angle of thirty degrees, because that's the steepest bend you can get a flue cleaning brush through.
    If oven is insulated and I maintain clearances , can I use wood studs, esp. for roof?
    Wood studs are not recommended for the walls, but builders have used wood rafters successfully. Your dome shouldn't heat up much on top of the insulation, but it can get hot around the door and flue. Be sure to maintain two inches of clearance to combustibles around your flue system.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Working...
    X