Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Artigano 120 in NY!! Looking for advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Artigano 120 in NY!! Looking for advice!

My wife and I are in the midst of building an outdoor kitchen/ living area! We contacted a mason to install our new (our 1st)oven and I am supervising..( God help me!)
    I think we are in good shape with the base structure and planning on building an igloo! Now it is time for the moment of truth! I spend 2 hours or so with him today laying out the FB board and leveling the sand and placing the floor down. At that point we decided to leave the dome for the morning since it was late. SO here come the questions...
    1- How difficult is it to get the dome in place without chipping the floor? Should I follow the instructions and lift the front stone in order to lower the dome? Won't this screw up the level of the floor again??
    2-Planning on stacking fire bricks on the sides of the opening and then mounting the vent on top..What should the vent be covered with?
    3- We are having a cement counter top made and we are looking at having the landing area and surrounding area made of polished cement. Any thoughts or concerns?
    4- Our handles seem to be cracking/chipping on the outside of the dome...I assume this is OK since it is the only time I will use these to set it in place..?? SHould I be worring that the handles will let go?

5-I set the floor front about 2 inches in from the edge of the FB board as per one of the pictures we printed..Is that OK?

Bottom line here is I am hoping to not make someone elses mistake! Any other advice would be most helpful!!! Thanks everyone!

Re: New Artigano 120 in NY!! Looking for advice!

Hi Bergerpie,

I would like to assist you with a few of the questions you have, please call me at 1-800-407-5119 ext 14.

Heidi Forno Bravo.

Comment

Working...
    X