Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flue size for an indoor pizza oven

Hello,

I'm building a 36" pizza oven indoors and there is already a heater of sorts on site connected to a flue that is approximately 10ft high.

I wonder... would it be unwise to use that flu for pizza oven purposes?

Otherwise, what is the cheapest possible type of flue I can purchase? Must it be stainless steel or would a simple wood stove flue suffice? The pizza oven will only be fired a few times this summer so we don't need a permanent solution.

Thank you for all your help.

Re: Flue size for an indoor pizza oven

It would not be OK to share a flue. What size will depend.

Comment

Thank you Tscarborough. I don't intend to share the flue. I will remove the device that is currently there and build a pizza oven in its place. Is it not ok to then attach the flue to the pizza oven?

Comment

I see. If it is the correct size and design (triple walled), then you could use it. The size would probably be 8" or larger for a 36" with a long run.

Comment

I think, from the looks of it, it is single walled but i'm not on location at the moment to verify. Does it need to be triple walled for safety purposes? Will single walled not be safe?

So, if I understand correctly, the longer the flue, the larger the diameter? I imagine a 6" diameter will not draw well?

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X