making fire hearth on mobile oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: making fire hearth on mobile oven

people have written vermaculite, cement ratios ranging from 12 to 1 to 5 to 1.
    so I went 7 to 1, but will go 5 to 1 for outside dome( I think)

Comment

You don't have to wait three weeks for the under floor vermicrete to dry but it will take longer to dry once it's built over. The underfloor vermicrete should be 5:1 for adequate strength. The vermicrete over thedome should've about 10:1 for adequate insulation.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

thanks david
        sigh of relief...
        the vermaculite is 7 to 1 on base but i packed it down pretty hard,and it feels solid, plus up against strong walls,I really dont want to take it apart and start over Ha ha which i did with the dome.you may remember my first dome had lime, small river pebbles, sand and refrack concrete, well a friend is using it and it hasnt exploded yet,but glad I made another anyway.
        there are so many variables and things to learn with this thing
        cheers

Comment

but I can still fire it up for operation 3 weeks after hearth goes down tomorrow?
          will do a small fire first, then bigger one next day ,build it up before cook up

Comment

Read the thread on oven curing. If it were mine I'd be doing some lower temp cooking (roasting and baking) for a couple of weeks before attempting pizza temperatures.
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

thanks will do

Comment

Working...
              X