Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!making large numbers of pizzas for festival

Hi
    I,ve got a mobile pizza trailer and am about to do my first music festival,its a bit scary as I,m unsure of how much staff to bring to man the thing.have 4 at moment but thinking 5 could be better
    my oven can make 2 large pizzas every 2 minutes,and I guess there will be about 5 to 10 thousand people at festival.
    also how to supply and keep cool the large amount of pizza bases

Re: help!making large numbers of pizzas for festival

Its too late for help, when there 5-10,000 hungry foaming at the mouth, pizzas loving, tight pants wearing music lovers, dopers and opposite sex scopium, fathers and mothers children toting, standing in line awaiting to be served a round crust of baked dough laden with cheese and meats and garden treats.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
      Its too late for help, when there 5-10,000 hungry foaming at the mouth, pizzas loving, tight pants wearing music lovers, dopers and opposite sex scopium, fathers and mothers children toting, standing in line awaiting to be served a round crust of baked dough laden with cheese and meats and garden treats.
      You must have gone to the same gigs as me.....
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

You will probably need one working the oven, maintaining the fire on the side and cutting and boxing the pizzas, one taking the orders and handling the money and two doing the prepping. If you only offer 4 or 5 alternatives it will make things easier for yourself. You should be able to crank out 60 per hour.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

If you this is you first gig, with that many people make two pizzas a cheese pizza for non meat eaters and a sausage pizza for meat eaters. Make things easy on yourself, they are not expecting gourmet and you're going to have time to make gourmet and I'll expect that you will sell out, and you're going to be in trouble if your pizzas are good and you run out soon. You realize whats 1% of 10,000 is? I hope that you are ready for a captured audience, its not like waiting for them to come to your place. Good luck, now put your skills to the test.

Comment

ha ha journeyman thanks !! dont worry I share your spirit,its prob closer to 5 thousand end, still have been to enough of these gigs, to know what to expect.
            had already decided to just have two toppings vege and meat eaters have been doing that at the markets the last month and sales stayed the same.
            my team is getting faster any good ideas on speeding up the dough stretching we do it on site but would consider other options

Comment

ps who came up with the peasant thing under my name.i kinda like it. will try and get pics up tonight of the oven

Comment

You know! Back in the Day, you wouldn't have a name, unless you were royal born or a bass-tard of a Blue Blood. A peasant was the slave of the day, but got a little pay and a place to stay. The Journeyman was a step above, and he got a little love, cause he was on his way to a better day. I guess you can see, that at the top of the heap you will find the Godfathers(Il Pizzaiolo), we have to kiss their dirty little doughy, tomato sauce encrusted, cheese speckled hands until we reach that level. Otherwise keep your head down and your ears wax free and you might learn something. I have!

Comment

Originally posted by kirshner View Post
                  Hi
                  I,ve got a mobile pizza trailer and am about to do my first music festival,its a bit scary as I,m unsure of how much staff to bring to man the thing.have 4 at moment but thinking 5 could be better
                  my oven can make 2 large pizzas every 2 minutes,and I guess there will be about 5 to 10 thousand people at festival.
                  also how to supply and keep cool the large amount of pizza bases
                  I know a guy here that does a big show like that and he offers a very limited number of pizza, I think 3 kinds, veggie, meat and cheese. he has a hot box and offers 1/4 pizza, and whole, Prices 1/3 of full price for slice, that way he can get the single slice up-charge and put it on a plate. he keeps the hot box full when individual full pizza orders are slowing. The cashier can deliver a slice immediately when available, and the oven can be busy all of the time.

As far as the dough he has several coolers and if unopened they stay cold enough. How much dough to take is your big challenge.

Chip
                  Chip

Comment

Working...
                  X