Adding brick veneer to calore2G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding brick veneer to calore2G

I am interested in building an outdoor fireplace and wish to add my own brick veneer to the calore2G75 or 90 model...any video or how to advice for how to best plan and execute this?

any advice on easiest way to secure veneer?

Tricky part for me (a non-mason type) is how to veneer 'around' the edges, corners and the angles up the chimmney.

Re: Adding brick veneer to calore2G

I plan on some brick veneer for my oven. Due to the cost of brick veneer I found to thus far, I'm planning on cutting standard clay brick into veneers. I think I can set them like I have set ordinary bathroom or kitchen tile. As far as the corner I plan on cutting the brick 1/2" to 5/8" into L shape to wrap the corners
    Last edited by kbartman; 03-12-2013, 04:58 PM.
    Respectfully,

KB

My build
    Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
      I plan on some brick veneer for my oven. Due to the cost of brick veneer I found to thus far, I'm planning on cutting standard clay brick into veneers. I think I can set them like I have set ordinary bathroom or kitchen tile. As far as the corner I plan on cutting the brick 1/2" to 5/8" into L shape to wrap the corners
      The thicker, the better, for that application. That is, depending on the brick that you choose. Some brick are more stable than others.
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by JBBT View Post
        I am interested in building an outdoor fireplace and wish to add my own brick veneer to the calore2G75 or 90 model...any video or how to advice for how to best plan and execute this?

any advice on easiest way to secure veneer?

Tricky part for me (a non-mason type) is how to veneer 'around' the edges, corners and the angles up the chimmney.
        Just frame up the enclosure with cement board and veneer it using exterior grade thin-set. They sell pre-made corners..install the same way.

Don't worry about being a 'non-mason type' for this application...it isn't masonry.
        Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
        John Ruskin

Comment

I am assuming you mean thin brick veneer, BTW. It would work well if you don't have masonry experience.
          Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
          John Ruskin

Comment

Working...
          X