Pizza oven on trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza oven on trailer

I am interested in building a dome oven mounted on a trailer. Any advice regarding methods of securing the dome to the trailer base other than just mortaring the dome together as on a stationary base?

Re: Pizza oven on trailer

Mount a steel pan with a lip on it to the trailer first. Build the oven inside the pan. Use cabling to secure the dome to the steel plate and trailer. See mainewoodheat.com for ideas. This is the method used by that company.

Comment

Some nice set ups on that site, though the oven is mounted too low for my liking.....guess it doesn't matter, I'll never order one.

Gulf might want to look into that sliding shelf idea..looks familiar.
      Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
      John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
        Some nice set ups on that site, though the oven is mounted too low for my liking.....guess it doesn't matter, I'll never order one.

Gulf might want to look into that sliding shelf idea..looks familiar.
        Stonecutter,
        You've got my interest! Can you post a direct link. I went to this site. Mainewoodheat.com. I looked around over there a few minutes this morning before leaving for work and for a few, just now .
        A direct link and pic would be great for someone who works 12 hour days, plus the drive .
        Last edited by Gulf; 10-09-2013, 07:08 PM.
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Here is a link showing a maine wood heat mobile oven: STANDARD PIZZA COMPANY.

Comment

That is one very pretty oven. If it cooks half as well as it looks then it would be sweet.
            What kind of $ are involved in ovens like this?
            Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
              Stonecutter,
              I looked around over there a few minutes this morning before leaving for work and for a few, just now .
              A direct link and pic would be great for someone who works 12 hour days, plus the drive .
              I thought since you figured out how to use emoticons so well, a direct link isn't necessary!
              Old World Stone & Garden

John Ruskin

Comment

Thanks for the link to the Maine wood heat site. Has anyone built one themselves? I am wondering how the cables are placed as to not create a problem with the ovens expansion during firing.

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
                  I thought since you figured out how to use emoticons so well, a direct link isn't necessary!
                  ---------------------------?----------------------

Oh well. One day, when you get my age, some whippersnapper will talk over your head too. humor (inserted here) arh arh.
                  Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
                    ---------------------------?----------------------

Oh well. One day, when you get my age, some whippersnapper will talk over your head too. humor (inserted here) arh arh.
                    Unless you are more than 30 years older than me, I don't think I will qualify as a whippersnapper.

My aforementioned post was a friendly gibe about how you were struggling with the link, ( a seeming cpu deficiency) yet are proficient with the tools available to visually enhance your topical interchanges*.

* This post was composed using thoughly sarcastic but non-derisive denotations. In other words....I was just joshin ya.
                    hehehe.
                    Last edited by stonecutter; 10-10-2013, 07:43 PM.
                    Old World Stone & Garden

John Ruskin

Comment

The cables are placed on the outside of the ceramic fiber blanket. With the insulation, you do not have to worry about the metal getting hot.

Comment

Tusr18a

I appreciate your reply,makes good sense. Have you used this method? I imagine wire cable is what you are indicating.

Rb

Comment

Wire would likely work its way into the ceramic fire blanket. I would suggest using the wide and flat cable that is used to reinforce shipping boxes. There are tools that can help you tighten that type of cabling with clips. Hope this idea helps!

Comment

Am I the only one wondering why they made an oven that looks like they are trying to attract thieves? Jerks who tear out wiring for the copper will rip the hide off an oven the first chance they get.
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
                            [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                            X