X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracked Dome and Rough Floor

Hi-

New here and in need of some help.

I purchased a used mobile oven in 2012 from a FB dealer although, I don't think she is very active. The oven was in good shape. After a year of use dragging it back and forth to the local farmers markets I have noticed some small cracks which I've been told not to worry about and a major chunk out of the back of the oven on the inside. Also, the floor is very rough and pizza will often stick to that area.

My question is how should I proceed on the repair of both.

The oven is the Casa 36inch. the chunk is triangular in shape and measures about 3 inches at the base and is about 3inches tall. It appears to be a chunk out of the shell itself.

I wish I had photos to show you, but it is tucked away for the winter it the shop. I have a roof that raises up but is currently lowered over the oven opening, so hard to get photos unless I pull out.

I live in Keizer Oregon about 45 minutes from Portland. The dealer will not be of any help.

Would appreciate all of the expetise on this forum on how to proceed.

Thanks in advance,
    Tina

Re: Cracked Dome and Rough Floor

pictures would help...

Comment

Re: Cracked Dome and Rough Floor

If you have the piece can you not glue it back with refractory cement? An option for the floor is to use refractory bricks but make sure it is level, otherwise pizza will catch
      Where can I find logs? I need more!
      Finishing the WFO will come after the barn is completed http://flinthousebarn.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
      X