Fire Brick for Northern Illinois Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Brick for Northern Illinois Build

New build in Hawthorn Woods, IL?. I'm looking for the median duty fire brick with 38% Alumina content that the plans call for. All I can seem to find locally is fire box brick that meets ASTM C1261 which has an Alumina content much lower. I would appreciate any intel on a local supplier or any feedback weather or not I could or should use the fire box brick.

Thank You!?. I'm looking forward to getting going but having some issues digging through the frost line.
    Thanks,
    Giuseppe
    pizza,pizza!

Re: Fire Brick for Northern Illinois Build

Originally posted by I am Giuseppe View Post
    New build in Hawthorn Woods, IL?. I'm looking for the median duty fire brick with 38% Alumina content that the plans call for. All I can seem to find locally is fire box brick that meets ASTM C1261 which has an Alumina content much lower. I would appreciate any intel on a local supplier or any feedback weather or not I could or should use the fire box brick.

Thank You!?. I'm looking forward to getting going but having some issues digging through the frost line.
    They will work just fine. Most ovens on this site are built with firebox brick .
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Re: Fire Brick for Northern Illinois Build

Thank You!
      Thanks,
      Giuseppe
      pizza,pizza!

Comment

Working...
      X