Firebrick in Phoenix area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firebrick in Phoenix area

I am looking for medium fire brick in the Phoenix area (actually Tempe, AZ is where I live) for the least amount per brick. I'll need at least 400 bricks. Any suggestions of where to go locally? I have tapped Craigslist and there is nothing. Have gone to Home Depot. Home Depot so far has the best deal for $2.02 for firebrick 9 X 4.5 X 2.5, but I am waiting to find out if they are medium fire brick.

Re: Firebrick in Phoenix area

Head off to your nearest wreaking yard that demolishes buildings [not just autos ] Here in Ont. they range from 25cents each up.. actually $2 per is not bad .. but who wants to spend $800 if they don't have to .. my oven [5 years =250 firings ] is made entirely of well used bricks.

Comment

After going to the actual office of the brick warehouse in az. Phoenix Brick Yard has some good pricing. There is firebrick that is 9" X 4.5" X 2.5" ranging from $1.60 to 2.32 with max 1800 degrees F; medium firebrick same size is $4.20 with a max temp of 2700 degrees F. I was thinking of using this size of the $1.60 firebrick for the hearth. Sound good?

For the dome, they also have 9" X 1.25" X 4.5" ranging from $0.99 to $1.98 max temp 1700 degree F and same size but is medium fire brick for $3.10.

Would 9" x 1.25" X 4.5" be suitable to use for the dome instead of the first brick of 9" X 2.5" x 4.5"?

Comment

Vino , the hearth bricks sound good ,for my hearth I used 5x9x3 old boiler bricks from a ship wrecking yard . As to the dome bricks @1.25 thick..... you will be using twice the number of bricks as well as twice the mortar = twice the work ..would look cool though .

Comment

Hi,

I know this is an old post but I was wondering if you had a name for the place you found the fire brick for $1.60 to $2.32. I live in Tempe as well and have been in search of fire brick at a reasonable price. I have only found one brick yard that has it at $2.45 a brick for pink and $2.65 a brick for yellow. I would love to know the place you used and also how your oven turned out.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X