This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Membership Levels

I have two more moves - one in two months - within the next year. I have enough 'too big for me to move alone' stuff as it is spread over two different counties.

But the day I get my own property...

Oh, yeah, time to email James....
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
    [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by RTflorida View Post
      Agreed, I have always walked lightly when entering any forum or blog site. I have a tendency to "tell it like it is" in real life, and would certainly be driven away. I know what I've seen elsewhere has effected my participation here, and thats a shame (an a problem for me, which I hope to overcome). To this point, this is the finest forum I've ever read, with none of the chest out, inflated head, "I am the only "expert", attitudes seen so much of the time. To me, things are comfortable here. With that, and my new experiences with oven building and pizza making, my participation will certainly increase without fear of being "flamed" as you mention. This is a unique forum, I hope it does not change, simply for the sake of change.
      Thanks again to everyone who've made this what it is.
      as a newbie in here i find it interesting reading aout people's experiences n advice when i needed one i also belong to tnt audio addicts entirely devoted on Hi Fi tun by a Brilliant bloke Lucio No moderators dictating to us what we write n a very knowelagable n helpful Austian guy HM what i really love about tnt we have more than 3000 members from all over the world n its always friendly n outside politics only the occasional flames its just so nice to see people getting well together n it seems to me this forum here its similar too so am very happy am a member here too thx guys

Comment

I skipped on the pizza cutter,,, My gandmother and mother (both born in italy) always cut their pizza's with a kitchen scissor, to this day thats what we still use... It works great and I still have all (well most) of my fingers
        But I am expecting my flower and looking very forward to it.... Thanks James

Cheers
        Mark

Comment

Hi Mark!

Thanks for bringing this back to life! I knew the level triggers but I didn't associate them with freebies! I wouldn't mind having a pizza cutter with a removable, sharpenable blade! That sounds cool!

And magically, this is my 500th posting!

Thanks!
          Jay

Comment

Way to go Jay! You get a new title and a pizza cutter. You can't beat that. :-)
            James
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Thanks, James!

This is a great group and I am pleased to be a member. I am still hoping to work out coming to the Pizza Roundup in Feb!
              Jay

Comment

Congratulations Jay!
                Pizza roundup? Where can I find more info?
                Best
                Dutch
                "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
                "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Congrats Jay, I usually don't pay much attention to the number of posts. I would have guessed you and Dutch would both be higher. I guess it is the quality of your posts and not the quantity that makes it seem so.
                  I have yet to take James up on his freebie offers. I could use the goodies, but it just doesn't seem right to me, he created and maintains this great site, guess I don't expect anything more, and for whatever reason it doesn't feel right. (Please don't think I have an ego problem, actually I feel the opposite is true - there are many, many members who have contributed far more in fewer posts and are actually deserving of far more than I am).
                  Anyway, glad yet another oldie but goodie has been brought back to life.....alot of new folks here who may not know of the incentives or the various levels.

RT

Comment

Thanks Dutch and RT!

By Pizza Roundup I was referring to the event James is planning or at least considering. I think it would be fun to meet some of my fellow pizza addicts.

I think this is an interesting community, RT. Like all great orgs IMO, the strength lies not in a few people but in the mass - including the diversity of interests and the enthusiasm of the the members. First the diversity ensures good answers for most questions, and enthusiasm means the answers reflect good, personal, opinion. That doesn't mean that any flour, tool, recipe is any better or worse than another but that we often get a range of seiously opinions - among which we can choose or try those that make the most sense to us.

WRT freebies, I bought my oven and tools and Tuscan Grill from FB so I don't feel too bad about accepting a cutter. I have a great source of Caputo here in San Antonio so I don't see any point in accepting flour.

Thanks!
                    Jay

Comment

500 postings, Master Builder. You win a 5-pack of Caputo pizza flour
                      James,
                      Received my flour today,,, Thanks very much for the flour , Im sure gonna be making some better pizza's..... Also thanks again for the Forum as well Its help has been incredibly valuable to myself and many others....

Thank You
                      Mark

Comment

I have my Flour out anxiously waiting to use it... Will be trying to leave work early today so I can get home early enough with my new Caputo flour,, Bur it is nasty as sh*& here today rain,,,, So if not Im hoping for saturday...
                        Last edited by ThisOldGarageNJ; 10-16-2009, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Ya know, although some flowers are edible, most don't have the strong flavor that would survive high heat baking. You might want to use them as a garnish instead.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
                          [/CENTER]

Comment

Does somebody know, when you can open a new topic?

Comment

Hi Kanapee,
                              welcome,, I believe it is after 5 posts

Comment

Thank you ThisOldGarageNJ

Comment

Working...
                                X