10,000th Posting Prize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10,000th Posting Prize

We are coming up on 10,000 postings. Cool. Our group has 25-30 postings a day on average (and going up), so that would mean that we will hit the 10,000 mark some time next week.

To make it fun, FB will send a Caputo 5-pack to whomever makes the 10,000th posting. We will have to be watching to see who it is -- then, you can send me an email.

Happy cooking.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: 10,000th Posting Prize

What are the official odds on the ten thousandth poster winner? I'm going with Janprimus. I don't know, its just a hunch. I'll wager that there's heavy action on Maver and Marcel, but it might pay to drop a side bet on the longshot Paulages to be on the safe side. The Jim's are a safe bet. Can they go on the form as one? If it's James, do we do a redo? Is he in the running? Perhaps James has contracted Dmun to construct a clockwork marvel which is calculating the exact post time to the fractal, and this is all an elaborate scheme to extort a five pack of Caputo? It's early to tell yet, but I know for one I'm excited.

Comment

Where are total posts even posted? I have plenty of my 50# bag of FB caputo left, so I'm good.

Comment

Nick,
        We are very into family betting. One time I won the family pool on the exact MPH we would have on a drive from Marin to Healdsburg. I had to drive like crazy the last mile to get the last MPH to tick up -- and I hit it right on as we can to the driveway. Something like 42MPH -- there was traffic.

On the other hand, I was way too low guessing the number of accidents we would see between the grapevine and Disneyland a few years ago. I guessed 9, and there were a lot more than that.

Happy betting.
        James
        Last edited by james; 05-08-2007, 12:55 PM.
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Maver,
          There is a line at the bottom of the Forum page with the # of postings, registered members, and people online.
          James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

is there a snipe program that I can use to get the proper timed posting?
            Last edited by jengineer; 05-08-2007, 07:18 AM. Reason: a poor excuse for my 300th post

Comment

Only, 17 posts left.

rick

Comment

really 2 2 go but this one shouldn't count

Comment

(jengineer) "really 2 2 go but this one shouldn't count"

(M) Why not, if mine count? All is fair in love and pizza.

Congratulations IF you won. With all your editing work you deserve at least a slice of Domino's Pizza

Ciao,

Marcel
                  "Everything should be made as simple as possible, ...
                  but no simpler!" (Albert Einstein)

Comment

(M) Both Patrick (jengineer) and I posted at 7:58 AM today, May 8th/2007

(M) dalucca's posting was at 7:57 before we reached 10,000 postings.

(M) Since James can't send 1/2 bag (unless he's as wise as Solomon) to each, I will concede first place to Patrick.

(M) Happy baking!

Ciao,

Marcel
                    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, ...

Comment

(M) If members are interested in the nose to nose finish, look at the Forum called "Rice and Vegetables" to see how cheaters work!

(M) Here's a sample:

================================================== ====

"Re: Paella Parties
                      Looking at Post # 9,997?

Comment

Marcel - Why stop there, you could be a Master Builder before day's end
                        Check out my pictures here:
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

I missed all the fun. You go and play tennis for a couple of hours and look what happens!

I've lost great buys on e-bay at the last minute, which is terrible, so let's call it a tie and we can send the 5-pack to both of you. Thanks to both Marcel and Patrick for their long standing help and contributions.

Thanks to everyone who helped with the other 9,998. I guess we can do this again on 15,000.

Saluti,
                          James
                          Last edited by james; 05-08-2007, 02:47 PM.
                          Pizza Ovens
                          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Sorry to burst the bubble guys but I cannot accept the prize.
                            • No Oven
                            • Having the correct flour would only hasten my resolve to build sooner rather than after all the other big jobs are done
                            • Wife would want to make cupcakes or worse try to throw it in with the rest of the "all purpose flour"
                            • I am not worthy ;-)
                            Last edited by james; 05-08-2007, 02:48 PM. Reason: comment for Marcel

Comment

Patrick,
                              Pizza on a stone -- but only on one condition. You have to take photos. I sat in Antimo's office while he explained to a pizzeria owner in London how to make great pizza in an electric deck oven.

Thanks for all of your wit and help.
                              James
                              Pizza Ovens
                              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
                              X