Social Bookmarking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Bookmarking

I have been doing a little research on social bookmarking, and it seems to be a growing technology that helps groups of people share websites and blogs that they find interesting, and that also help individuals keep better track of their bookmarks -- you can keep track of bookmarks on the Internet where you can access them from where ever, not just your own computer.

Is anyone using these services? There are quite a few, Digg, Del.icio.us and StumbleUpon to name a few. With so many Internet sites, it's getting harder finding the good ones, and telling friends or community member what you like seems to be a good idea.

It would be interesting to hear and learn more.
    James
    Last edited by james; 05-20-2007, 09:11 AM.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Social Bookmarking

I've used Stumbleupon for a few weeks, after a friend invited me, but I don't see much value in it.
    Keller TX
    Artigiano 39"
    former Phoenix resident and Pizzeria Bianco fan
    www.leanblog.org
    http://mypizzaoven.blogspot.com

sigpic

Comment

Mi Mark,

I wonder if it's an age thing -- no offense intended. :-) The companies that are putting together the services seem to be doing well. But then I don't get myspace either, and they're worth billions.

James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
        <snip>But then I don't get myspace either, and they're worth billions.

James
        What? You mean we are not ALL on your firends list?

J W

Comment

I haven't watched the story very closely, but didn't myspace just disclose that they had thousands of sex offenders registered on the site?? Yikes.
          James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I use de.lic.ious and love it. I do enjoy checking ot My Network and seeing what other folks are playing with - sometimes it leads to some pretty good stuff. A friend who's in my network uses Stumble Upon - through him I found a ton of stuff on a topic I thought I'd done a fair about of surfing/research on.

I use de.lic.ious primarily for the bookmark storage (can be very easy to find stuff once you get the hang of it) but it's a good way to share links with people of similar interests and have them share with you (you can actually send specific links in de.lic.ious).
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
            [/CENTER]

Comment

Archena,
              That's it. You've put your finger on it. I have heard from a number of people that they have found FB.com through one of the social bookmarking sites, and there have even been a few cases where somebody said something nice about us on another site, and we can see an increase in page views in our analytics page.
              So, everybody should bookmark us. :-)
              James
              Last edited by james; 05-24-2007, 12:32 AM.
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Already done - pretty sure I shared it when I bookmarked it as well.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

[/CENTER]

Comment

Social Bookmarking Explained (Video)

This site has a video explaining it.

[/CENTER]

Comment

Bummer. Seems I cant use it with Maxthon - my favorite browser.

Really looks like something I could use.
                    Mark

Life is too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Bummer. Seems I cant use Delicious with Maxthon - my favorite browser.

Mark

Comment

Bummer. Seems I cant use Delicious with Maxthon - my favorite browser.

Mark

Comment

Finally figured it out. Just in case any of you use Maxthon as your Browser, here are instructions to make Delicious work.

[M-Sidebar] Del.icio.us Sidebar 1.2.1 - Maxthon Forum
                          Mark

Comment

Coolness!

[/CENTER]

Comment

I have been using del.icio.us for a couple of weeks now after finally biting the bullet and checking out what all those funny little icons at the bottom of websites meant.
                              I now wonder how I ever did without it.
                              I find it great for for bookmarking oven recipes in various categories, creating an online cookbook.
                              My other hobby is researching family history and again it is great for grouping sites that I want to return to for further research.
                              For me the key advantage over using the browser favourites is that I can access del.icio.us from any PC - home, work, laptop, wherever.
                              I haven't explored the "my network" features yet, but I am sure there are great advantages there too.
                              Cheers
                              Bill
                              Tutto Fumo e niente arrosto!

Comment

Working...
                              X