Large photo size limit on Photo Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large photo size limit on Photo Gallery

David brought up a good point on photos. We have all noticed that a couple of the interesting oven photo journals in off-site galleries (Photobucket, Yahoo Photos, etc.) have gone missing -- with changes to the hosting services and other problems.

So, I think it is a good idea (whenever possible) to post as many photos as you can in the FB Forum Photo Gallery. That way we know they will always be there.

Also, I have upped the photo size limit to 1.5MB per photo -- so you can post your best shots there.

Let me know if that is large enough.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Large photo size limit on Photo Gallery

James,

It's a very good idea to up the limit on photos for the gallery. Would you know how many pixels high that would be. The pics I have been posting are 250, and the width takes care of itself. The software I use to manage pics doesn't list the file in MB, so this would help, although I could mess about a bit and come up with it if it's difficult to determine.

Thanks,
    Jim
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

That's great. The size limitation kept me from posting pictures directly here on the board.
      Keller TX
      Artigiano 39"
      former Phoenix resident and Pizzeria Bianco fan
      www.leanblog.org
      http://mypizzaoven.blogspot.com

sigpic

Comment

Why not a larger file size on post attachments?
        Keller TX
        Artigiano 39"
        former Phoenix resident and Pizzeria Bianco fan
        www.leanblog.org
        http://mypizzaoven.blogspot.com

sigpic

Comment

Um, please don't - as much as I love pics, a bunch of big ones do really bad things on dial-up.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
          [/CENTER]

Comment

Hey all,

I think we can make this work. I have upped the attachment sizes to 1.5M as well, but you don't have to see them unless you click on them.

Jim, I just looked at SuperT's very cool oven stand in the Photo Gallery and it is 2576 x 1932 and 1.07M. It's a very nice, high res photo.

I think we are in good shape. Let me know how it works for everyone.
            James
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
            X