Address people in our reply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Address people in our reply?

I have subscribed to some of the threads that I am interested and consequently I receive an email every time that post is updated. This is a very good feature of this forum as allows you right away to be updated without going to the forum all the times....
    I have noticed that sometimes the replies are very short/telegraphic...i.e.
    ....the rebar was 6ft long.....or....yes I did it what you suggested and worked....etc.
    In these cases the email features becomes useless because, unless you are the person who provided that suggestion, you do not know what are they talking about, so then you need to go to the forum check the sequence of the replies and read back all the dialog to figure it out....
    My suggestion is that in case we are not replying to the forum but we are answering/asking a specific person, we should address the replay with the name of that person first so everybody know right away who this msg is addressed to. i.e
    ....John I did not understand how you cut the rebar....instead of..
    ...........I did not understand how you cut the rebar
    Make sense? Thanks ciao Carlo
    Ciao Carlo

Cost spreadsheet updated 4/22/08

Pictures updated 5/28/08

Re: Address people in our reply?

Originally posted by biondoli View Post
    My suggestion is that in case we are not replying to the forum but we are answering/asking a specific person, we should address the replay with the name of that person first so everybody know right away who this msg is addressed to.
    Carlo,

Good suggestions. I also like to use the QUOTE feature so the reply can be seen in context. To keep messages from getting really long, it's easy to edit the QUOTE so only the pertinent information is reprinted.
    Ken H. - Kentucky
    42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
    Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Re: Address people in our reply?

I use the RSS feed feature in Opera and Mozilla browsers. I get a short intro and a url at the bottom to take me right to the thread. Most valuable tool.

--mr.jim
      --mr.jim
      ---------------------------------------------------------------
      The real art of conversation is not only to say the correct thing at the right time, but also to leave
      unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
      X