Faster Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faster Server

We were down for a couple of minutes this afternoon, as we moved FB.com to a faster server. Sorry for the disruption, but I think we will see much better response times -- which is a good thing.

Regards,
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Faster Server

Onya James. I've found it nigh-on impossible to down-load videos, but will try again. (Have learnt so much on this site - and the journey has barely begun).
    Regards,
    Jeff.

Comment

The site is definitely a lot zippier.
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

So far the info has been coming faster than my mind can obsorb. Now What
        Last edited by RCLake; 02-01-2008, 03:55 PM.
        RCLake

"It's time to go Vertical"
        Oven Thread

Comment

Cool!

So far the site was often rather slow in the mornings, but ok at night (no idea why, could also be due to something else entirely). But in any case its fine this morning - I spent a long time here today, just to make sure...
          "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

dude it don't really matter how zippy your server is if the dish that is used to by me is only a saucer holder (Dial -up) ;-0

Comment

Jengineer,
              This is a serious, non-nationalistic post.
              So you're still on dial-up? Strewth, I thought Australia was supposed to be the pits re internet service. I guess I'm lucky, in that we live in the scrub, but our Provider has a relay maybe two miles (I defer to Imperial, dmun) away. Still pretty RS, but better than the earlier setup.
              Don't ask me about speeds, eh: ever the Luddite.
              Jeff.

Comment

well actually for Christmas I have spun up. My dial up was $10 a month and being the frugal engineer that I am I could not justify $14 or more a month for "fast" service. By the way from what I can tell even our fast service is slow compared to european countries. Well the wife ws getting tired of waiting and using the accelerator which loads up a degraded image rather than the full image of pictures and said get more speed. For what i do in the net at home I really don't see that much of a difference. Oh yeah maybe it is due to using a PC that is 7 years old - at least I got rid of Windows ME.

Comment

Working...
                X