Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Save your messages BEFORE you lose them!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save your messages BEFORE you lose them!

(M) I have started to reply to several messages and then had to leave that composition window to re-read another message or check spelling only to find my message was no longer there when I returned.

(M) If you are writing more than a one liner, consider Copy-Pasting your message to your regular email or a word processing program before you move to any other window so if you lose it you can always Copy-Paste it back if necessary. This seems to be a failing of many forums so it may come with the territory.

Ciao,

Marcel
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, ...
    but no simpler!" (Albert Einstein)

message errors

This may be a good idea, if only to have access to a spell-checker for your post. As an alternative, if you want to, say, look for something on the web to refer to in your post, you can choose "open new window" in the file menu of your browser, and your original window will sit there, inactive, until you are ready to go back to it.

David
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Re: Save your messages BEFORE you lose them!

In Firefox you can simply open a new tag and browse from there. But the C&P idea is also a good one for long posts - nothing worse than going to enter and finding that you've been logged out - and just lost the entire post.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
      [/CENTER]

Comment

IE 7.0 also offers Tab functionality similar to Firefox btw.
        - JC

Comment

Or els you can jist lern to spel corektly lik me. Wow. Marcel. 400 posts. And not little posts either.. I am constantly amazed by the thoroughness and energy which exude from your posts. At first I thought you might be a bit of a computer geek, but now I kind of want to be you.. I hereby promise to finish my pizza oven soon. It's been a year...
          Last edited by redbricknick; 05-03-2007, 02:42 AM. Reason: bad spelling

Comment

Forget the oven but finish your Pizza !

Redbricknick: "I hereby promise to finish my pizza oven soon."

(M) Remember to eat everything on your plate or you get no dessert.

(M) btw, you do NOT want to be me.

Chow,

Marcel
            "Everything should be made as simple as possible, ...
            but no simpler!" (Albert Einstein)

Comment

Working...
            X