Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question re transition from Dome to Entry Arch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question re transition from Dome to Entry Arch.

Hello Folks, New to the Forum. Deceided to start building my own brick masterpeice, however I do have plenty of questions. I have had to place the entery arch deeper into the oven so that It would be a a 900mm Width, and 750 Length. This was due to limited space for the build. Question is how do I do the transition between Arch and Dome seeing as the dome does not meet the arch in the usual position. Any suggestions will be most welcome, as I am about to start my 3rd row and have been head scratching a fair bit considering just how I am going to do this. Thanks in anticipation

Peter, do you have any sketches you can share? Are you going to have to shorten up your vent arch and landing too to fit in your intended footprint?
    My build thread
    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Hello and thanks for the response. I have actually read your build as I too am doing a corner build! Small world. Ok no sketches, but here is some info, Base is 1350mm on its long sides, Oven is supposed to be a 900mm oven. It is 900mm wide but as the entry arch is deeper than normal the length is 800mm, Oven enterance is 450mm Planned height is 450mm and oven enterance height is 280mm.
      If I look at your oven it would appear that my arch is around half a brick further inside the dome than yours is. I now have 4 rows placed on top of the half brick soldier course and think I may be able to figure the transition, Its not going to be pretty, but at least it will be functional.
      My IT is working good and so far I have very little droop in the levels of the rows. Hoping the next 4 rows will go smoothly as well. Problem is I can only work at night during the week, am saving all cuts for the weekend daylight hrs.

Comment

Have you made an arch form yet? I'm guessing you have by the stage you are at. If you put a brick in your IT and locate it at top dead center of your form it should show you whether the dome will intersect the arch. If not you will have to deviate from the IT to pull the dome "in" to meet the arch.
        I placed my arch "forward" like I did to maximize interior space and give me lots of room to work on my heat break and vent area transition. You can see from the picture I could have moved it aft some and still maintained proper dome shape.
        My build thread
        https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Working...
        X