Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Reset

Sorry folks,

The forum was hacked. It has been reset to the backup from 5/9/20. All posts since that time have been lost due to the reset. That's a bummer but, it was necessary to thwart the sob that hacked the forum .
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Sucks...That had to happen. Im sure there was some good information lost in that reset.
    My Build Pictures
    https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...18BD00F374765D

Comment

Yes, it does suck. Especially since the forum was running about 4 to 5 times it's normal traffic. That also means that many will have to reregister on the forum.
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Bummer..I'm sure they will come back. One read in here and you find out fast how much information is here.
        My Build Pictures
        https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...18BD00F374765D

Comment

I thought something fishy was going on a few days ago as I was getting a lot of server time outs.

Glad to see you've got it sorted.

Comment

Absolutely gutted - I’m mid build and I had a lot of gems from DavidS in those threads over the last couple of weeks! That hacker has WFO blood on their hands!
            My cast oven build thread

https://community.fornobravo.com/for...-castable-dome

Comment

Originally posted by Mullster View Post
              Absolutely gutted - I’m mid build and I had a lot of gems from DavidS in those threads over the last couple of weeks! That hacker has WFO blood on their hands!
              Plus I’m back down to Peasant status!!

Comment

Does anyone know if they got any personal information or passwords?

Comment

Does anyone know if they got any personal information or passwords?
                  That question is above my paygrade. I will alert Alex_FB who may be able to help. I doubt they were after much from the forum. Forno Bravo hosts the forum under their business site. It seems to me that they were trying to disrupt communication from their main page to sublinks. But, It doesn't take but a minute to change your password. Just go to User Settings / Account.

I would like to pass on some thanks from Forno Bravo to david s. His post was deleted in the reset but, his heads up on this got the ball rolling to disinfect the site .
                  Last edited by Gulf; 05-22-2020, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Gulf Hi - I’m not sure the advanced search functionality is working? I’ve just tried a few times and it simply wipes out my selections when I click search?

Comment

It seems to be working for me at the moment. If you haven't, try clearing your cache (cookies). Back a few years ago, when we were having issues with the search fundtion, we would use google. I really never stopped doing that.

An example would be fornobravo.community (key word or words)
                      Also..............site:community.fornobravo.com (key word or words)
                      Last edited by Gulf; 05-23-2020, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Petter We don't believe any personal profile information was accessed as they did not get to our database where those elements are stored - it was primarily a loop we had to remove, but, as Gulf mentioned, head on over to Users Settings / Account and change your password.

Comment

I'm glad made this thread Gulf, I've now reregistered as I joined on the 11th of May, and I think I had about 60 posts under my belt but, I wasn't sure what was going on as I couldn't log on for days, and it wasn't recognising my password. The plot thickened when I tried to send for a new password and the system didn't have my email stored, then I looked for my threads and they didn't even exist.

I did wonder if I'd been banned and deleted completely, but this thread explained a lot. I think there should be a sticky somewhere on the forum home page to let people know what's happened. In truth, I was very close to abandoning the forum as a lost cause.

Comment

That’s a bummer. I’m glad that you came back.
                            Last edited by Gulf; 05-27-2020, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_FB View Post
                              Petter We don't believe any personal profile information was accessed as they did not get to our database where those elements are stored - it was primarily a loop we had to remove, but, as Gulf mentioned, head on over to Users Settings / Account and change your password.
                              Thanks, that's good at least.

Comment

Working...
                              X