Spring Down Under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Down Under

I am noticing a lot of activity from our members in the southern half. Enjoy your spring Australia and New Zealand!

For those of us in the north, have a great autumn. And for those of us at the coast, autumn is our summer. It's actually been sunny here. :-)

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Spring Down Under

Hi James!,
    It's gettin' 'fall-ie' here in the NorthEast. Pretty soon the pizza prep moves indoors and the snow blower makes a path to the oven. (And I run in and out of the house with raw, then done pizzas!) I LOVE IT!
    Oh, and to all of you 'down under' Have a great Spring and Summer and GET OUT THERE AND BUILD!!! DOOOO ITTT!!!!
    Rick
    View my pictures at, Picasaweb.google.com/xharleyguy

Comment

No Rick, you have got it wrong!
      'Bugger the build' but 'enjoy the built'!
      The school holidays are upon us down under and 2 weeks of wonderful weather (for those unfortunate enough to be building) or those not on holidays.

Neill
      Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
      Neill’s kitchen underway
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Hey Neill!
        I guess I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you! Maybe I lead a pretty dull life up here in Boston (ok, I know I do ), but I actually, immensely enjoyed building my oven ! I kind of get a weird satisfaction knowing that this thing is going to outlast me. (if I built it correctly, it will be my little mark on this world!) That's probably why I 'overdid' a few things like rebar and concrete filling every block, etc.. Maybe if I did it for a living, I would be more agreeable to 'bugger the build'. But I know there's one great thing we will both agree on and thats your "enjoy the built" quote! I'm sure that we do!
        Best to ya,

Rick
        View my pictures at, Picasaweb.google.com/xharleyguy

Comment

Don't get me wrong with the build, I built mine in a few weekends and thoroughly enjoyed it (as I do with most things that I build) and I even enjoy helping others achieve satisfaction with their builds (I guess this goes with being a Tafe lecturer all my life) but that part is over and behind me.
          I have all but finished the new patio build (a few flashings to put on today and the last lights to source and install) the new kitchen cupboards to check and order today and it then ready for the family to enjoy.
          I guess it never stops as there is then the garden to redo which will enhance the overall area including an adjacent herb garden and there will always be something needing to be done.
          We are lucky here in Adelaide as we don't have the weather extremes that some members get, but my outdoor entertainment area is designed to be used all year, all seasons and including weather extremes.
          I occassionally see large structural slabs of glass for sale and will keep my eyes open which can then enclose the sides to seal the area into a solarium. We will see what eventuates but the oven build is over, but I do look forward to helping those venturing into it.

Neill
          Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
          Neill’s kitchen underway
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
            I am noticing a lot of activity from our members in the southern half. Enjoy your spring Australia and New Zealand!

James
            We love spring....have been able to get outside lately and get things done. We started with chopping down the trees in the way of our" Pizza Oven Project" and putting them through the mulcher. Every weekend now gets us closer to enjoying the build and the built.
            Cheers Lee
            Cheers Lee

Comment

Hi everyone......I'm baaack....from winter hibernation. Well not quite hibernating - I've been busy with my house reno (extension). Its been a bit tough slogging it out in the wet. Digging trenches, putting up retaining walls, paving, painting, concreting, landscaping... blah...blah. Its wearing thin. So sorry I have not been that social on here, Ive missed it.

Ahh yes spring is returning - I fired up my oven for my sons's birthday the other week and cranked out some Indian food. Butter Chicken, Lamb Korma and some Naan bread. The Naan are great to do in the oven...might try Roti next time.

All good...now
              Cheers
              Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

I am way excited that Naan bread works well in pizza ovens! I've been cooking Indian for the last few years and Naan on a pizza stone is just not the same.
                Travis n'Texas
                TravisNTexas

Comment

It was first time I made Naan .....I used Atta flour as recommended by local bread bake shop..... I thought it was a bit to much of a "wholemeal" or coarser flour.....might tone it down with a lighter flour next time. So easy to cook though....I put them in and nothing seemed to happen at first, then all of a sudden a few bubbles and it "puffed" right up.

Travis, do you use yoghurt in your Naan recipe?
                  Cheers
                  Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

Love Naan bread Damon, thats for the great ideas.
                    Cheers Lee

Comment

Damon,

I have only rolled my own once on the pizza stone. I believe that recipe had plain yoghurt in it but I honestly can't remember. Mostly I have bought prebaked naan, but when I get an oven built I can't wait to try it again.

Travis n'Texas
                      TravisNTexas

Comment

we often cook naan bread to have with a curry but usually cook it in a sandwich press. It works perfectly. So easy.
                        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

What a great idea David, thanks for that, will have to give it a try :-)
                          Cheers Lee

Comment

Working...
                          X