No announcement yet.

Best of Month Nominations. November 08.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best of Month Nominations. November 08.

Welcome back to Best of the Month. We took a brief break for summer, and we're back. There have been some great ovens and innovations over the past few months, so let's treat this as a catch up.

We are open for nominations for activities going back a couple of months. We will close nominations Nov 15, for voting until Nov 31.

Let's get started!
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Best of Month Nominations. November 08.

OK, if he didn't receive it yet (I lost track in the Spring), I want to nominate Les. His oven speaks for itself. He has lifted these ovens to a new level.
    Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
    My oven build thread

Comment

Did Frances ever win a BOTM? I just love those twirly bits she did on her oven.
      Ken H. - Kentucky
      42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
      Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

I'd love to vote the same as you Ken.........Frances you deserve a medal.......Your oven is not only practical but a wicked piece of artwork :-)....I just love it !!!!
        Cheers Lee

Comment

Zzzzzzzzzz..... Zzzzzzzzzz... Zzzzzzzzzzz...... ........ kagh ...kaa ...wah wha...WHAT?? ....Somebody say TWIRLY BITS?

Count me in. This will be my most important vote for November.

Comment

Guys, guys, I won the last BOTM we ever had, back in... erm, April? And very pleased and proud I was, too... Although I kept on saying at the time, at least let me FINISH the bleeding thing first.

Thank you for all your kind comments and encouragement, I really appreciate it!

I want to second the nomination for Les' oven. He started building around the same time as I did... and comparing his lovely brickwork with my efforts (as you automatically do when you're building at the same time) was a very daunting experience. I've been wanting to vote for his oven ever since we started BOTM... and blow me down if it didn't peter out just as he finished his dome!

So good onya James for starting it up again! And may the best builder (i.e. Les) win!
            "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

I won the last BOTM we ever had, back in... erm, April?
              That's right. It was so far back I forgot. OK, Les also has my nomination and vote!
              Ken H. - Kentucky
              42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
              Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Uh... we're not getting very far here, are we? I know the US is used to having only two alternatives when they vote, but this is ridiculous!

C'mon, hasn't anything else happened on the forum all Summer thats worth nominating?
                "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

LES! No doubt

Comment

I'll second (or "fifth") the nomination for Les!
                    Picasa web album
                    Oven-building thread

Comment

I may have a bit of bias but I would like to nominate mfiore for taking the extra bit of work and finishing his oven with one nice tidy keystone...
                      That will add another candidate!!!
                      Dutch
                      "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
                      "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Not sure if Christo has won any of these or not, but since the subject is open to more than just ovens, I think Christo should be nominated for his dual arch curve allowing installation of lights thing. Absolutely one of the coolest inovations on the standard build that I have seen. If it was somebody elses idea, then maybe they should be nominated

Of course I mentioned Mike early on, but having gone through Les' build, easy vote for him as well. Amazing people, craftmanship, and inovations all over this forum!

Travis
                        TravisNTexas

Comment

Thanks Travis!

I stole most of my ideas from others on the forum (maybe embellished a few) - There are so many good ones out here!!!! Neill and I may have been working on arch lighting ideas at the same time - but he beat me to the punch and got his implemented before I did. - he deserves the nod for that innovation. I'll get him next time!

I love a good keystone mfiore did a great job!!

Christo
                          Last edited by christo; 11-11-2008, 08:12 PM.
                          My oven progress -
                          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
                          sigpic

Comment

On the other hand - Les' oven is very impressive....

So many choices!!!

Christo
                            My oven progress -
                            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by christo View Post

I love a good keystone mfiore did a great job!!

Christo
                              I certainly appreciate it. I joked around, but Dutch really did encourage me. I was going to just put a big plug in (I was really ready to finish off that dome!), but Dutch "challenged" me. I'm really happy with how it turned out.
                              Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
                              My oven build thread

Comment

Working...
                              X