500 to 50,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 500 to 50,000

Hope the 50, 000th is me, with my 500th ?

Comment

Originally posted by sarah h View Post
      Hope the 50, 000th is me, with my 500th ?
      Looks like it's you Sarah!

Congrats!!

and your 500th post too!

Isn't that fitting!

WTG

Cooking yet this year?
      My thread:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
      My costs:
      http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
      My pics:
      http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

Thanks Dave,
        Wow, it worked!!
        I'd had my eye on it here and there this afternoon, from work (double-monitor, so still working ) and then, by 4:17, at post 49,996, I couldn't wait any longer to head for home so I thought it was gone. Made it in the door just in time to see your post Dave and reply!
        (A few weeks back, I'd thought I might even be able to make it 500th personal post, 5000th thread and 50000th FB post ...)
        Am I cooking? Yes ... but only inside. It should be just a few more weeks till I can fire her up again.
        BTW, congrats to FB & James for hosting such a successful forum - it's a pleasure to be a part of it!

Sarah

Comment

Woo, Sarah! Congratulations Master Builder! (and most likely 50,000!)

I'm not cooking outside either. We got 5 inches of snow last night. It was 68 degrees last Thursday. It's going to be 11 tonight. I feel weather-schizophrenic....
          Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

Congratulations indeed! Now, with all of the power of 50,000 can you get rid of the snow...over a foot in CT. to think the thermometer was reading near 60 a week ago>

BC
            Great pizza, a cold beer,a great cigar and great friends...my idea of a great time

Comment

Congratulations Sarah,

500/50,000 -- what a great combination. Thanks everybody for taking part, even those of you under 10 ft of snow. I think I might have been running when 50K happened, and we were in a downpour. I'm still drying out.

Here's to 100,000.

James
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

One more thing. Sarah, send me your address by email.
                James
                Pizza Ovens
                Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Yay Sarah, congratulations! That is so cool, couldn't have happened to a better FB member!
                  "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                  http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Thanks everyone!
                    James, a second marathon is pretty impressive - how was it?
                    As for everyone's weather comments, we're the same here - up and down like a yoyo lately - for us, all the melted stuff's re-frozen again, rock-hard and super slippery. Just weeks now though till I'm WFO cooking again!

Sarah

Comment

Hi Sarah,
                      We're getting some serious rain in Nor Cal. The race was a blast -- I did a 3:19 in some pretty heavy rain, and beat my first time by 23 minutes. Wahoo. It's a lot of fun, and I'm going to keep running. It's great for your appetite.

We're packing your Vera Pizza Napoletana kit. Everybody knows how good the Caputo Rosso and the San Marzanos are, but the olive oil will knock your socks off!
                      James
                      Pizza Ovens
                      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

James,
                        I was so focused on the 500/50,000 aspect that I wasn't even thinking of a prize ... until you mentioned my address .
                        It sounds like a terrific package - just what I need to get me cooking again after a long winter. It's also just one more way to realize what a wonderful forum this is - the pleasure I get from being a forum participant is already a gift and this very generous prize is like 'icing on the cake' ... or is that 'San Marzanos on the pizza'?! Caputo in the crust??
                        At any rate, thank you - it's being eagerly anticipated and will be very much appreciated!

Sarah

PS - congrats on your new 'best time' - I don't know much about marathon times but 3:19 sounds pretty respectable to me - well done!

Comment

My Vera Pizza Napoletana kit arrived yesterday and wow, what wonderful stuff ... James, thank you! The timing is great too - the glacier in the yard is receding and we just recently gained an ice-free path to the oven. I can't wait to make pizza with those beautiful ingredients but I'm going to do a practice run with regular ingredients first, since it's been so long since I was able to use the oven - I don't want to ruin the good stuff!!!
                          Thanks again - not just for my prize but also for creating this great WFO community through the FB forum.
                          I'll post pics when I turn my prize into 'prize-winning pizza'! (I'll have found the cord to recharge my camera by then )

Sarah

Comment

That's wonderul Sarah; I'm so glad you like it all.

Try the EVO tonight, with some simple bread, and compare it with the EVO that you use every day -- and tell us what you think! We did an oil tasting with friends the other day, and it was a lot of fun, and it really lets the EVO stand on its own, with all of its complex flavors.

James
                            Pizza Ovens
                            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
                            X