FB.com hits One Million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FB.com hits One Million

We put a traffic counter on fornobravo.com in Oct. 2004, a number of months after we went live in 2003. We had 500 page views the first day we started counting. :-)

In a couple of days we are going to have our one millionth page view, and we had our first 45,000 page view day recently.

Very exciting.
    James
    Last edited by james; 09-01-2009, 10:11 PM.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: FB.com hits One Million

Very cool James - if you build it they will come I haven't seen you post in a while, was getting a little concerned. Glad to see all is well.

Les...
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Hey Les,

Thanks for asking. I have been very busy with things FB. We have some exciting plans that I have been slaving away on. More to come on that pretty soon.

The kids are back in school tomorrow, marking the end of a nice summer.

Is it getting cool at night in Carson City yet?
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Hi James,

Congratulations.... It should'nt be too long before you break the 10,000 member mark either,, I hope the business is doing well for someone who has unslefishly given us this Forum... I could have built my oven without it,, BUT it was a much easier and better build with all the knowledge gleaned from the site and your plans... Plus I'm learning to cook many new things.

Thank You

Mark
        Last edited by ThisOldGarageNJ; 08-16-2010, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post

Is it getting cool at night in Carson City yet?
          Low 50's at night, hi 80's during the day - perfect.
          Check out my pictures here:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Congratulations, James!

I wonder when I first contacted you? Not sure...probably spring of 2004 because I just checked my accounting software and I cut the check for the Casa on Sept 10, 2004 so my early visits weren't counted!

Bravo!
            Jay

Comment

Congratulations!!!!
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
              [/CENTER]

Comment

Congratulations!
                i can remember, like yesterday, when I "defected" from the old yahoo group during FB's
                creation. We have enjoyed many great pizzas since.
                Great work James.
                Bob C
                Great pizza, a cold beer,a great cigar and great friends...my idea of a great time

Comment

Hey Bob -- that's right! It's been a lot of fun, and the kids (and the rest of us) just keeping getting older. :-)

James
                  Pizza Ovens
                  Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I am not getting older!

I just happen to be in the process of becoming less young...
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
                    [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by ThisOldGarageNJ View Post
                      ... I could have built my oven without it,, BUT it was a much easier and better build with all the knowledge gleaned from the site and your plans...
                      Without this website I would have been gizzard deep building a barrel vault oven I may have not been happy with. I didn't even know what a pompeii oven was. And this site is addictive. I have been spending a lot more time on my pc than before I found this forum. Thanks for your efforts!
                      Darius

Comment

As the kids get older and we try not to...their appetites grow with them. 3 young adults and a twelve year old that has an appetite like he's 18...the pizzas cannot come fast enough.
                        Great pizza, a cold beer,a great cigar and great friends...my idea of a great time

Comment

This is sort of funny. I was reading our web site counter tonight to check that we had gone past 1M page views -- and I was reading it wrong. We are coming up on 1 million page views in the past 30 days (more than 30,000 per day)! :-)

Since 2004, we have had 21.5M page views and 6M unique visitors.

And we are going to trust me to put Forno Bravo on Facebook? LOL

James
                          Pizza Ovens
                          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Hi James and others...

Firstly I have to say that I am not surprised you are getting so many hits - this site is an absolute goldmine!

I have had owned a woodfired oven for the past 7 years and have never been totally satisfied with the pizzas I have created in it - that was until I discovered this fantastic website last weekend. On learning the secrets, I excitedly prepared the correct fire, and dough and the results were "out of this world".

I'll add some pics shortly, but I just wanted to thank Forno Bravo for providing the great resource. I look forward to learning more in the days to come and sharing my own experiences with others.

Rossco
                            Perth, Western Australia
                            Last edited by heliman; 09-30-2009, 07:12 PM.
                            / Rossco

Comment

Hi Rosco and welcome,

I could have built my oven without the FB website, BUT building it with this site made it so much easier and saved me tons of trial and error grief !!! Glad you finally got here,, How about some pics of your oven ?

Welcome and enjoy
                              Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X