Classified Section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classified Section?

What about adding a "classifieds" section to this forum to trade WFO oven related goods. I am a member of some very active radio controlled aircraft forums and the classifieds section is a big hit among them. Just post your wanted/for sale stuff and buyers/sellers negotiate amongst themselves to conclude the sale. Just an idea for an enhancement to this already excellent resource...

Rossco
    / Rossco

Re: Classified Section?

hey Rossco,,
    We do have Barter, Trade and Exchange at the bottom of the forum,,not quite a classified ,, But close..

Cheers
    Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark ... yes, that will actually do fine for most sales.

Rossco
      / Rossco

Comment

Well the sticky for that forum states no money can exchange hands.
        So a classifieds section would still be really cool. I have a kitchen aid dough mixer too many and I am sure a forum member would love to buy it cheap rather than me sell on ebay or craigslist. Paypal has made selling stuff online alot safer also. Should you decide to take a vote on whether or not to set up a classified section I VOTE YES!

Comment

And I have a 10 quart (20l or 10kg whatever your preference is), commercial mixer to find a loving new home for also!

Neill
          Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
          Neill’s kitchen underway
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyVelderrain View Post
            Well the sticky for that forum states no money can exchange hands....
            Does that not only refer to money changing hands within forum itself? My understanding is that an advert (such as a post here) constitutes a "willingness to do business", and the contractual obligations are concluded later as offer and acceptance - so shouldn't involve FB. I would think that an advert placed here would be similar to that offered for sale in a newspaper, that is - they don't get involved in the sale itself. Perhaps this can be clarified ...

Rossco
            / Rossco

Comment

Hi guys,

My main goal is to stop a company (or very dedicated person) from using the Forum as a way of making a profit -- along the lines of eBay. I am happy with individuals selling something to find a good home for a used mixer, or some extra building materials.

I will edit the sticky posting.

But no serious commerce. :-)

James
              Last edited by james; 01-20-2010, 07:46 PM.
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

You are way too generous James - I would charge a commission on all sales. You do pay for this site.

Les...
                Check out my pictures here:
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

That's us -- the eBay of wood ovens!
                  James
                  Pizza Ovens
                  Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Thanks for claifying James - that sounds like a very fair arrangement. I'm sure the good people using this forum will do the right thing in not abuse the service.

/Rossco
                    / Rossco

Comment

great, get those mixers up for sale!!

Comment

Well, I guess some-one needs to start the session off so here goes!!!
                        I have a 10 quart commercial mixer (the smallest commercial one made but mixes up to 6kg of dough), for sale, used a dozen times for small batches of pizza dough and some buns/bread mixes.
                        It comes with 2 dough hooks (a straight and a spiral type), a flat beater and a whisk. It is a 2 speed machine with all safety guards. it is Chinese built (but strong as an ox and as heavy as hell, in fact 70kg!
                        The name on the instruction sheet is Guangdong Henglian Food machine Co. Ltd. It is claimed to have ISO9001 accreditation
                        Oh, it is single phase and 240 volts
                        So, do your research and make an offer!

Neill

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
                        Neill’s kitchen underway

Comment

Here's the webpage:

discount blender supplier, China food mixer manufacturer
                          My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Nice looking machine!!!

Great opportunity for someone here in Oz to break into the world of serious dough making!!! My KA breathed a sigh of relief when I wheeled the 20 Qt TBird into the room. It's days of labouring and overheating were over!!!

Rossco
                            / Rossco

Comment

Thanks for that David,
                              I tried to source the address from the details that I have on the scant semi- translated information sheet and got the run around from hundreds of China manufacturers.
                              The page that you have highlighted shows some serious equipment and I am happy with the 10 litre unit (the smallest one in the range of commercial machines) but I secured a 20 quart Hobart and will use this since I also sourced the beaters.

Cheers.

Neill

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
                              Neill’s kitchen underway

Comment

Working...
                              X