Regional forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional forums

Here's an idea. We have a number of requests for regional issues -- building suppliers, local restaurants, meet and greets, etc.

I could set up a forum category for Regional Forums and users could start threads on topics in their region.

Could that work?
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Regional forums

You bet it would be helpfull!! I'd love to have a local meet and eat and swap food and build ideas.

I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks

Chris
    Last edited by SCChris; 02-03-2010, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Excellent idea James - both building supplies and ingredients seem to vary so widely from country to country and also areas within countries that specific forums would help narrow the quest for items down considerably. This way people can more effectively assist others and vice versa....

What did you have in mind for regional divisions? Perhaps country then state/county or equivalent. I don't think that it should be too granular or things may become too diluted.

Rossco
      / Rossco

Comment

I think it would be great as well,, the only difficulty Isee is how are you going to break the regions down.. During the summer I certainly wouldnt mind hosting a meet n greet for the Jersey people in my back yard, It would be fun to meet the other builders and potential builders... Maybe you could break it down by state... or tri state... lot of logistics, but I'm sure someone here has a good idea how to break it down...Thanks for the good idea,,

And let me wish you a belated Happy Birthday !!!!!!

Cheers Mark

Comment

Take a look at "http://cngchat.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?3-Local-CNG-Station-Chat". This is a sub forum of CNGChat, I think it could work for us as well. I think if we break things up by continent and then country then sub-region it could work. I, like mark, would be happy to host a meet, greet and eat at my house sometime.

Chris

Comment

I will take a look at the best way of doing this without breaking it down so far that there isn't a critical mass of people. Hmmmmm.

Thanks for BDay wishes Mark. The big 5-0. What the heck; the kids are young, and I'm running 60 miles a week. 50 is the new 30. :-)

James
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I think California needs to be split up.
              George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

I'd agree with you FX. I think Cal could easly go NoCal / SoCal and leave it at that. I know that we have a bunch of us in LA Orange and SD counties.

Chris

Comment

I think that the regional forum is a good idea for locating supplies, and the occasional meet and greet (boy would that be a picky group of pizza eaters- " I think your hearth temp is 10 degrees too low" etc.)
                  However, I really enjoy seeing the projects from all over; from Janine in Africa to all the Aussies and Brits, and the other people from foreign countries like New Jersey and Michigan. I wouldn't want to lose that.
                  Eric

Comment

I would love to hear from posters from Asia also, especially from Japan since I grew up there.
                    George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

I agree about not wanting to loose the rest of the gang, regardless of their accents and regional experiences, that's half the fun.

C

Comment

We have put the framework together for regional forums. It seems best for FB to create the regional forums, and you can create your own specific groups. I am hoping that everyone can use these forums to connect, set regional gatherings, see each others' oven, have parties and meet at great pizzerias (if not more!).

Let me know how it works for you.
                        James
                        Pizza Ovens
                        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Sounds good James - by regional do you mean country in the first instance, then say state etc??
                          / Rossco

Comment

Thank you James!!

Chris

Comment

Hey Rossco,

Yes -- Country first, and then state (or in the case of the US, country first, and then region). We have set up different regions in the US (west, midwest, etc.) in the forum, and within the Australian forum, each state can create it's own sticky (permanent) thread. If we have trouble setting up groups for the Australian states, we will set up individual sub-groups for each Aussie state -- and other geographies. Let's see how sticky threads work.

Chris, let's see how many community members you can recruit. :-)

We'll see where it goes!
                              James
                              Last edited by james; 02-08-2010, 11:23 PM.
                              Pizza Ovens
                              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
                              X