oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oven

I built a pizza oven from scratch spring '09. Sorry, it was not a Forno Bravo oven. Built from Rado's plans I obtained from Traditional Ovens website.
    It was functional early summer '09. I had a brick mason "make pretty" in January '10 with the finish brick. I still have the clay tile roof to apply.

Re: oven

Send us some pictures. I was considering a barrel vault oven, but decided on the Pompeii. How is your oven working for you?
    Eric

Comment

See this post for a comment on his oven performance...
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...html#post85452
      I am sure it is still awesome, but 6 hour heat up time is really too much for home use.
      My Oven Thread:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Oven is 32" wide, 42" front to back, and 16" internal ceiling height. Opening is 15" wide and 12" high. It is a barrel shape ceiling. Chimney was non existent during oven usage last summer/fall. Brick mason applied brick finish and created chimney this past winter. Have not used oven yet after application of chimney. I thought 4 to 6 hours was bit much too. Brick oven is composed of 3" x 4" x 9" firebrick. The 4" dimension is thickness of brick oven with 3" to 4" of concrete applied on top to create a thermal mall. I will apply another 3" of cement and vermiculite mix around entire brick oven portion to contain heat. Then apply the decorative clay roof tile. I will paint exterior white since I bought a mix of brick for exterior finish. When I send pictures, you'll understand why paint is needed.
        I will send pictures as soon as I figure out how to attach to a post. Anyone have any instructions on how to attach pictures to a post? I have not had much luck with this.
        Thanks for everyone interest. This is a great forum.

Comment

Working...
        X