Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firepit and Pizza Oven

Hello all.

I am just beginning to plan out the oven I would like to build in July of this year. I haven't had a chance to dig through the archives too thoroughly yet but would be grateful for any pointers in the right direction.

I'd like to build a fairly simple bread/pizza oven in my yard. But I would like to also have a mostly-enclosed firepit underneath it. Not sure how complicated this is. I've been planning to do as much of the project as I can during two weeks of vacation in July. Will probably have a friend pour a foundation but plan to do the rest myself.

I'd like to be able to do some rudimentary spit-roasting too but not sure that needs to really be seriously incorporated into the design as it would likely make things that much more complicated.

Any and all tips (esp. very general feedback ala - does this sound feasible) are appreciated. Will be checking back periodically and reading through the archives.

Thanks!
    ee

Re: Firepit and Pizza Oven

Welcome to the forum! Be sure to download the oven plans, if you haven't done that already.
    Picasa web album
    Oven-building thread

Comment

Re: Firepit and Pizza Oven

Originally posted by electricElephant View Post
      Hello all.

I'd like to build a fairly simple bread/pizza oven in my yard. But I would like to also have a mostly-enclosed firepit underneath it.
      I'd like to be able to do some rudimentary spit-roasting too but not sure that needs to really be seriously incorporated into the design as it would likely make things that much more complicated.
      Welcome ee

The idea of having a firepit under the oven is something I have not seen before so am eager to see how you progress.

I too built an oven + attached open Fire pit for spit roasting and works a treat!! I highly recomend the open pit for spit cooking.

You can follow my link below for ideas if you like

Enjoy
      John

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...-wfo-7911.html

The difference between a successful person and others is not the lack of strength, nor the lack of knowledge… but rather, the lack of will power.

Comment

Working...
      X