WFO in Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WFO in Kentucky

Hello, I am a newbie to the forum and have learned so much from all of your experiences so far. I am beginning construction on a 42" pompeii that will be attached to my home and accessible from my deck. I have already purchased materials, built an indespensible tool and built my thermocouples. I'm just waiting for a break in the rain we've been having in KY to pour concrete and begin construction. I look forward to getting to know many of you. I can't believe the amount of information and knowledge that is represented in this forum. What a resource!!! I'll post pictures of the construction as it takes place.

Craig

Re: WFO in Kentucky

Welcome Craig,
    I am sure you are going to have a lot of fun. You don't mention it, but I assume you have downloaded the free plans as well. Also, I am not sure if you are aware, but precedent says that when building in Kentucky you must wear your sidearm during construction...

Drake
    My Oven Thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Yes, I have downloaded the plans which have seemed to consume my life for the past few weeks. The oven was initially my wifes idea but she is now growing tired of seeing me reading the plans for the thousandth time and obsessing over every little detail.

By the way, there is nothing like carrying a side arm while building an oven... you never know what might walk by that you might want to put in the oven. lol

Comment

Craig,

Hello from Louisville! There are a few of us Kentuckians here now. Good luck with your build and keep us up to date with plenty of photos!

Drake... you can't wonder around Louisville with an unconcealed sidearm - just wouldn't look right and would get you quite a bit of attention!
        Ken H. - Kentucky
        42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
        Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Hey Ken,

I had already seen the video of your build before I found the Forno Bravo site and noticed you were from the bluegrass state. The construction of your oven is very impressive, what impressed me most is how accurately the cuts were made on your dome bricks. I hope mine turn out that neat and precise.
          I would like to ask one question if I may. Did you use the blanket insulation only on your dome or did you fill the entile area between the dome and walls with loose insulation?

Craig

Comment

Welcome, Craig! Sounds like you're off to a good start.
            Picasa web album
            Oven-building thread

Comment

Originally posted by ckdickerson View Post
              Did you use the blanket insulation only on your dome or did you fill the entile area between the dome and walls with loose insulation?
              I used 2"-4" inches of blanket then about 3" of vermiculite cement on top of that. I tried to use loose-fill vermiculite, but it was a huge mess (and would have used a LOT of vermic).

By the way... My blocks weren't cut nearly that accurately. Videos and photos hide the poor tolerances
              Ken H. - Kentucky
              42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
              Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Sorry, Ive been posting construction pics on another thread. You can follow my oven build at:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...cky-12829.html

Comment

Working...
                X