New Member from N.J.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member from N.J.

About 2 years ago my son went through some serious medical issues. After months of chemo and radiation that went well, I was menatlly exhausted and decided to embark on a project that would keep me around the house and my mind occupied.

While sitting in a doctor's waiting room, I read an article about a person with a brick oven in their yard. Being a pizza lover and able to turn out a good pie in my home oven - I decied that this was for me.

I purchased a set of plans, but searched the internet for other styles and decided on one from a guy in Tampa , Fl. I purchased his CD of photos and went from there; slightly altering it.

We use the oven often for gatherings of friends and family. The forum has been very informative as I'm always gathering new info.

If I can only get my friend back to apply the final stucco color.

Re: New Member from N.J.

Seekcapt,
    Glad to hear your son is better. Here is an idea to get your friends back: Have a pizza party. Better yet a fund-raising party. Meet the weekend before and get oven done and party planned then everyone bring food and drink with a voluntary donation to go to a charity of yours or their choice. We did this a couple of months ago for the Chile earthquake victims (actually it was for an orphanage damaged there) and we raised $2,000 after expensive. Everyone was pleasantly surprised at the success. It was not a pizza party though, but it did lead me to this forum for ideas for a WFO to make the next "Charity Party" better yet. Good Luck Gene

Comment

Originally posted by mustbecrazy View Post
      Seekcapt,
      Glad to hear your son is better. Here is an idea to get your friends back: Have a pizza party. Better yet a fund-raising party. Meet the weekend before and get oven done and party planned then everyone bring food and drink with a voluntary donation to go to a charity of yours or their choice. We did this a couple of months ago for the Chile earthquake victims (actually it was for an orphanage damaged there) and we raised $2,000 after expensive. Everyone was pleasantly surprised at the success. It was not a pizza party though, but it did lead me to this forum for ideas for a WFO to make the next "Charity Party" better yet. Good Luck Gene
      Gene, you just answered you own question about how to approach your wife about the necessity of a WFO...CHARITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think of all the good causes both of you can support. Forget profit motives, appeal to her altruistic nature! It is now a surefire done deal! Good work, now get after it.

Comment

Grimaldi,
        Funny you should say that, I just had a discussion with my son about doing charity parties. However, we are limited to howmany "Events" we may have at our farm so I was thinking about doing a WFO on a trailer or something so that we could go "on location". We could probably get away with four or so big parties at are farm maybe that would be enough. One of these days I'll see if I can post some pictures of our "Party Barn" and proposed location of the WFO.
        Thanks for you help. Gene

Comment

Working...
        X