Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwegian check-in

Hi,
    My name is Tore. I live just outside of Oslo in Norway. I am planning an outdoor kitchen in our garden and plan to build a wood fired oven. Given the Norwegian winters I intend to build a solid house for it. I have read the Pompeii ebook and will start drawing my plan shortly.

Right now I am especially interested in custom design doors. I would love to have one with our family name and year for building the oven.

Re: Norwegian check-in

Tore, Here is one way you could do a door: Once you know the size and shape of door to be in your oven have a metal shop cut the correct size door from sheet steel,(we use a water-jet or a plasma cutter) using a cad draw program (We use Sketch-Up downloaded for free on line from Google) you or your sheet metal shop can draw the size and shape of your door with the desired text and font of your name and date, then the water-jet, plasma cutter, or laser cutter will cut out your door front exactly as drawn. Then a insulated back could be added. Another method could be to cut the metal front as a mold to hammer a thinner sheet of copper into for a raised letter effect, again adding insulation etc. to the back. I guess it would be safer to build the oven first as it would be easier to cut the metal to fit the oven than to cut brick to fit the door. This forum is fantastic with so may great ideas. I hope to build an oven within the next year. I do have the brick already though. Good Luck Gene.

Comment

Gene
      Thanks for the advice. I will include it in my planning. I hope to build my oven next spring.

Comment

Herring pizza ?

Comment

[QUOTEHerring pizza ?][/QUOTE]

He, he .... thats funny! I am sure it is a "lutefisk" pizza n the menu!

karl

Comment

Working...
          X