Another Aussie on board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Aussie on board

Just doing the intro thing and saying hi.
    I don't have any immediate plans to build an oven, but it's one of those 'in a few years' kind of plans.
    I'm researching until then, in the hope that by then I will know what I am doing!
    Found this forum. Soaking up lots of info.
    Is nice to see some fellow Aussies here.

Glenn

Re: Another Aussie on board

HI All
    anonther newby from Perth Australia Trevor starting to build a WFO 42 inch slowly gathering the raw materials together. Love the forum very helpfull can see it being used alot

Comment

Originally posted by barhen View Post
      HI All
      anonther newby from Perth Australia Trevor starting to build a WFO 42 inch slowly gathering the raw materials together. Love the forum very helpfull can see it being used alot
      Hi Trevor
      How did you go getting materials?

John in Willetton
      JT
      Willetton, Perth
      Western Australia
      My build: http://woodfiredovenperth.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Just finishing off the outdoor kitchen firstly. Them into the WFO, have mates who work for Midland Brick which will be a usefull source I'm sure. Will be nice to get Patio back into some sort of order rather than a construction site.

Comment

You may also get some materials from Sila Australia, especially insulation and mortars.

Comment

Sila when approached in WA stated "we only sell to wholesalers not to the public at large"

Comment

Sila when approached in WA stated "we only sell to wholesalers not to the public at large"
              I deal with Sila on a weekly basis, if you want, I can tell them to look after you. PM me your requirements and we can go from there.

Comment

Certainly will do when we get to that stage, soon I hope. Thank you
                Last edited by barhen; 11-06-2011, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Hello fellow Perthites.. nice to see a few more on here.

Thought i'd throw up some suppliers for what i used.

Ceramic fibre blanket - Gourmet Wood Fired Ovens
                  Ceramic Fiber insulation, they recently had a special. 2 x rolls for $99.. which was around 7.2 metres by 600.. I ended up needing more for a 36inch oven, so for a 42inch you may require 3 x rolls? maybe you could offer them $150 for 3.

Vermiculite.
                  The Perlite and Vermiculite Factory
                  I ended up needing 2 x 100L bags which were around $25 each. this was for a 4inch Base on a 36inch oven.

Bricks i got standard cream mexi from midland brick, was $300 all up from memory.. these are fired at 1400c celsius and have been awesome so far, (3months in).

Mortar i used a SILA product.. Silaset 40D. I tried going through SILA but as above.. "only sell to public" i finaly got them to agree to a cash sale.. got a quote and realised they were overcharging more than it would cost to get from a shop.
                  Got it from the only Perth place as far as SILA said..

The Potters Market‎
                  56 Stockdale Road
                  O'Connor WA 6163
                  (08) 9314 6707

Expensive purchase.. You will most likely need 2 x bags or more, dependant on how you cut your bricks. was around $60 or $70 a bag.
                  Only upside.. its really awesome mortar.. and to date.. i have no cracks inside my dome whatsoever....

If you have any questions let me know
                  You can check out my build below.
                  'That's Amore'
                  Last edited by chidding; 11-06-2011, 09:48 PM. Reason: lrn to sp3llz

Comment

What a wealth of information will certainly be very usefull cant wait to finish kitchen and start WFO can almost smell the pizza

Comment

Just finishing off the outdoor kitchen firstly. Them into the WFO, have mates who work for Midland Brick which will be a usefull source I'm sure. Will be nice to get Patio back into some sort of order rather than a construction site.
                      No worries. Hope you mates at Midland Brick help mates of mates

Are you building a Pompeii 42" Tuscan, or some other variation?

Cheers

JT
                      JT
                      Willetton, Perth
                      Western Australia
                      My build: http://woodfiredovenperth.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Working...
                      X