I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help

We have a functional brick pizza oven in our backyard. My son built it, but then never "finished" it. So, my husband has been doing his best to brick the outside to make it pretty. I know we have insulation in the garage, but don't know where it needs to go. Also, does it need a chimney? I thought it did, but my wayward son is not giving us any guidance.
    Please give me any advice you can.
    Thanks so much.

Re: I need help

Go to eBooks & CD ROMs :: Forno Bravo Store and down load Pompeii Oven Instruction eBook V2.0 (pdf) :: eBooks & CD ROMs :: Forno Bravo Store. It will give you every thing you need to finish the oven.

Comment

Thank you so much. I called my husband he said he was done! I don't think he put in a chimney. He did put in the insulation. Will it be ok without a chimney? Can the smoke just come out the oven door?
      Uh oh....

Comment

Yes it can but smoke will be in your face.

Comment

You can always add insulation on top, it's what's under the oven floor (or not) that may be the problem. You can run an oven without a chimney (which vents above the entryway to the oven) but it won't be pleasant to use.
          My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

thanks. that is what I thought. But I am out of town and he is busy doing the bricks and insulation with no chimney!

Comment

If venting proves to be a problem you could have a metal hood fabricated for over the door, which could get the fumes out of your face.

My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

You are wonderful. Thanks so much for the idea.

Comment

dmun, That metal hood over the door is a great idea. I can see that that would be and easy fix to n3kids problem. Maybe go down each side too and add another door out front.Gene

Comment

Working...
                  X