Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Western Orygun

Hello,

We are in the process of leaving suburbia and relocating to 30 acres (17 forested) in the western Willamette Valley. Once the boxes are unpacked (or maybe a tad before) I want to construct a a wood fired oven for our new hillside home.

Having the opportunity to learn from the group's experiences will be something I look forward to andding my $.02 from this culinary experience as well.

Re: Greetings from Western Orygun

Would that be Yamhill part of Western Willamtte Valley? We are in Eugene Area. South Western Willamette Valley. I have yet to start my WFO. Still working on the wifes OK. Welcome to the forum. I am a newbie here too. If you have 17 forested Acres. It would be a crime to not have a WFO. Good Luck Gene

Comment

Welcome to the forum and the area! If you need a hand shoot me a message I just finished up the bulk of my oven build and am itching to build another already!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nic The Landscaper View Post
        Welcome to the forum and the area! If you need a hand shoot me a message I just finished up the bulk of my oven build and am itching to build another already!!
        See that's what I'm talking about: WFOies are fanatics. Gene

Comment

Originally posted by Nic The Landscaper View Post
          Small world Nic, we're in the same industry (me at the nursery end) and live in the same neck of the woods (me between Newberg and Yamhill) I'd love to see your handywork sometime.

Mike

Comment

Thanks Gene and Nic. With posts on this board from all over the world it is nice to get responses from WFO'ers practically in my back yard. Making it a smaller world, I live between Newberg & Yamhill. I am also in the nursery business. Love to see your work sometime Nic.

Comment

Mike, we'll have to have you over some pizza and other WFO creations here in the next couple weeks. Right now the outdoor kitchen/living space is upside down while I pour and polish concrete counters and hearths and simultaneously try to construct the flue and chimney on the fireplace!!

This is the first one we did a few years ago in Lake Oswego with one of the Casa kits. It is still my all time favorite outdoor living space that we have created. At least until I get mine wrapped up

http://www.fornobravo.com/pizza_oven.../portland.html
              (not trying to advertise, just a project I'm proud of!)
              Last edited by Nic The Landscaper; 08-13-2010, 11:26 AM. Reason: Add Link

Comment

Excellent work Nic. That is an awesome outdoor space.
                We are currently making moving trips between Yamhill County and Puyallup. Once the dust settles and the boxes are gone, I'm looking forward to getting this project underway.

Comment

Wow this world just keeps getting smaller. I grew up in Issaquah. For those not familiar with Washington that's less than a 30 minute drive from Puyallup.

Comment

Working...
                  X