Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting soon!!

Hi everyone,
    I'm new and this is my first thread. I've been planning on building a 42" pompeii oven since the beginning of this year. It will be the centerpiece for an outdoor kitchen in my backyard. I have been getting ideas from reading different threads and looking at the photos that have been sent in. I have started by first installing the foundation for the kitchen. The next couple of weeks I will finish with the patio pavers and then it will be time to start what I have been waiting for, my first WFO.

Re: Starting soon!!

Welcome!

How is your project coming along?

Any pictures?

Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Hi and thanks for the welcome. It's funny that you asked about the project because tomorrow (Monday) I will pour the foundation for the pizza oven and I should start having photos to post. I put in a patio that needed to be in before I started on the oven and it took me longer to finish than I thought. And now that has been completed its on to the centerpiece for the outdoor kitchen, the oven.
      The one thing I just started doing is looking for medium duty fire bricks and so far I have only found low duty. So tomorrow after the pour I will call a few more building supply stores to see what they have.

Thanks again,
      Brian

Comment

Brian,

Good to see another person jumping in on their own oven build. I am so glad that I did - as are everyone else here. Take time to look at various builds and comments from the builders after the project.

I commented to a friend about the height of the pizza oven (using 4 blocks high) that I wished I could have built it higher. His comment was that if his was the same height, he could sit down while doing pizzas! One persons troubles is anothers persons solution!

Look forward to seeing the pics!
        Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

I have started a new thread on Brick Oven Photos to view my pictures of my progress.

Comment

I also look forward to your build I will be starting my modular soon hope someday to build one from scratch good luck

Comment

Taxin,

Good luck to you.

Comment

Thanks don't forget to take some pictures
                Last edited by Taxin; 03-19-2011, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X