Just Getting Started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Getting Started

Just downloaded the pompeii oven instructions and I am already drooling. Can't wait for my first Pizza party in my new oven. Only problem is I don't know when i will be done so i guess i better buy a bid for all of the drool: Look forward to the build and scouring this site for ideas and tips. Thanks

Re: Just Getting Started

Welcome! The plan gives you a good general idea of what's involved in the building process. But make sure you read through dozens of build threads here as there are so many tricks and ideas so you'll end up with exactly what you need from beginning to end.

What part of L.A. are you located?
    George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

Re: Just Getting Started

WCS,
      George gives good advice: read through several threads for each process (ie: building your stand and support slab, under-oven insulation, oven style and entry geometry, etc) to glean answers to the same questions you will have.

But first!!! Look at as many completed ovens as you can to determine what style you want when you're done. There is no reason to make an oven that looks like someone else's. You will put so much thought and sweat and attention into constructing your oven that it will be all yours. It might as well look like yours too.

Looking forward to seeing your plans.

John

Comment

Working...
      X