Howdy from Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy from Texas

I don't have a wood/pizza/brick oven, but I do lust after one. I do have a big ol' pizza stone that I picked up at a restaurant supply store and it does an awesome job; but, it is limited by my present electric oven.

Hoping that I can be inspired and learn from this forum and then proceed to get my husband more confident in our ability to actually do this.

Re: Howdy from Texas

Welcome aboard from another North Texan. Spend some time on this forum and you won't be disappointed and will build up your courage to take it on.
    Scott -

My projects: http://www.facebook.com/#!/scott.kerr.794

Comment

Thanks for the words of welcome and encouragement.

Comment

Ditsy -

After stumbling on Ken's Old Kentucky Dome on a YouTube video a year or so ago, my first response (literally out loud) was: "Oh, I could never build anything like that!" Six months later, after reading through many of the threads here and every brick oven build photo I could find, I started on my outdoor kitchen and 39" Pompeii replete with thermal break and soapstone floor.

I too yearned (lust is a better word) for a real working oven and thanks to the generosity and support of the folks on this site it will become a reality.

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for help.

John

Comment

Working...
        X