32" Forno Bravo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32" Forno Bravo

We will be ready to fire-up for the 1st time in one week. Believe you me, we are very excited.

Our question is to how to fire-up for the 1st time and the kind of wood we should use. Here in Texas, we have plenty of mesquite. It burns really hot and we wonder if anyone uses this wood.

Surely we'll have more questions to come...thanks so much for your help...W&C

Re: 32" Forno Bravo

Start here:
    Firing Your Oven - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community
    George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

mesquite now there is a thought, if it burns hot enough it would give a really nice flavor to the pie. I will have to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne and Charlotte View Post
        We will be ready to fire-up for the 1st time in one week. Believe you me, we are very excited.

Our question is to how to fire-up for the 1st time and the kind of wood we should use. Here in Texas, we have plenty of mesquite. It burns really hot and we wonder if anyone uses this wood.

Surely we'll have more questions to come...thanks so much for your help...W&C
        I used to burn mesquite when we lived in San Antonio, TX. It has a pleasant ambiance and burns almost as hot/long as oak.

Fredricksburg is one of my favorite areas in TX. That big rock is a lot of fun to ramble on
        Last edited by Lburou; 01-11-2011, 07:25 PM.
        Lee B.
        DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

I'm close to being ready to fire my 32" Casa 2G. The curing process says to heat the oven at varying temps and takes about 5 days. Do you need to to the curing all at once or can you do in several stages. ie: over 2-3 weekends?

Comment

Originally posted by FiredupinNH View Post
            I'm close to being ready to fire my 32" Casa 2G. The curing process says to heat the oven at varying temps and takes about 5 days. Do you need to to the curing all at once or can you do in several stages. ie: over 2-3 weekends?

FiredupinNH, unless there is something different in the instructions coming with your oven, follow the instructions in the link below. If your instructions differ, follow the specific advice from your manufacturer, call manufacturer if you are not sure. It DOES matter.

Last edited by Lburou; 01-11-2011, 07:33 PM.
            Lee B.
            DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Working...
            X