Hello from Canada, ehh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Canada, ehh.

Just like to say that this is an amazing site. I have already downloaded the free plans and was out taking measurments in the snow Alot of great builds to suit almost everyone and a wealth of knowledge. I look forward to learning from everyone.

Re: Hello from Canada, ehh.

I spent a week fishing at Wollaston Lake last summer, it was an awesome experience. I was thinking that you didn't have enough summer to build an oven and then i remembered that it was light about 18 hours a day.... welcome and good luck!!

Comment

Welcome Luxy

Reading and becoming familiar with the website is a good way to begin.
      Lee B.
      DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Yah it can be a little bit deceiving up north. We get from mid April till about mid October of really nice outdoor weather(as long as you are aclimatized to it) and summer has extremely long days. The temperature swing is extreme where we are sometimes going down to -40F and up to about 108-ish. My goal is to build a smaller oven somewhere in teh 24-32ish size since that is what my current yard will allow. We bought 72 acres and are in the process of re-zoning so we can build. So this small oven only has to last me at my current location for 18-24 months.

Anyways, thanks for the welcome and glad you liked Canada haha. I look forward to getting some feed back on my ideas for this small oven.

Comment

Luxy,

Welcome to the Forum. There's a fair number of us Canucks here. I'm from Ontario, north and east of Toronto. The winter weather could be worse; we could live in Buffalo or Rochester.

CJ
          "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Thank you and you are right about the weather. We had a cold snap about a month ago where we got some -25 to -30C but the last 2-3 weeks has been -5 to -10 and even had a few days at 0. Now only if it would stay or slowly increase. I am not looking forward to our -40 February's. How does your oven perform in the snow and cold? I imagine when its just too cold no one wants to stand outside cooking...even if it is only for 90 seconds

Comment

Working...
            X