Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Texas

Man this is a great site!!!

I'm about to custom build my first oven. Being in the Concrete Construction business certainly is a plus. The outside will be constructed with some stone and brick that i already have. I have to order the firebrick and cinder block, but that's about it. Was going to form everything up this weekend and get her ready to pour, but I've been down in my back..

Yesterday was beautiful weather, in the 70's. Today is cold and a chilly wind out of the North.

I will post pics and update the project when i start....

Re: New from Texas

Welcome. What part of Texas? Getting close to finishing mine up and could not have done it without this site. Don't rush it and read the plans thouroughly and plan, plan, plan.
    Scott -

My projects: http://www.facebook.com/#!/scott.kerr.794

Comment

Welcome!

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
      Man this is a great site!!!

I'm about to custom build my first oven. Being in the Concrete Construction business certainly is a plus. The outside will be constructed with some stone and brick that i already have. I have to order the firebrick and cinder block, but that's about it. Was going to form everything up this weekend and get her ready to pour, but I've been down in my back..

Yesterday was beautiful weather, in the 70's. Today is cold and a chilly wind out of the North.

I will post pics and update the project when i start....
      Sounds like a plan....We are seeing horizontal snow on the Brazos this morning, a good day to rest your back

In case you don't have affiliation with a refractory for the best supplies, keep Wesco Refractories in mind (Mansfield). They were very helpful.
      Lee B.
      DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Re: Welcome!

Originally posted by Millstone Man View Post
        Welcome. What part of Texas? Getting close to finishing mine up and could not have done it without this site. Don't rush it and read the plans thouroughly and plan, plan, plan.
        North Texas.

I live in Burkburnett. I live close enough to the Red River that i can actually see Oklahoma from my house, just not today with all the blowing snow..

Originally posted by Lburou View Post
        Sounds like a plan....We are seeing horizontal snow on the Brazos this morning, a good day to rest your back
        13 degrees right now with a wind chill around 10 below.

I'm not sure if i still live in Texas or not....

Comment

Re: New from Texas

Blowing snow in Texas? Forcast for tonite in West Michigan... 10-16", winds at 25-40mph (5-10 foot drifts). The kids are all wound up, they havent had a snow day yet this year... if the Weathermen get this one right, it's gonna be fun! Welcome to the site Lonestar!

Comment

Working...
          X