Getting to it - my first Brick Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting to it - my first Brick Oven

I'm living in Canmore Alberta and am working on my first brick oven. I had a clay oven when I lived in Golden, BC and it didn't withstand the winters too well. It wasn't on a proper foundation and didn't have much of a roof. But it was fun to cook in and I miss having one. So, I'm getting started here with something more permanent.

I posted some photos at:

http://robson.smugmug.com/photos/swf...lbumKey=FRHMSV

Its loosely based on the design from the "Bread Builders."
    Last edited by RobertoGMan; 05-25-2011, 05:36 PM. Reason: better link to pics

Re: Getting to it - my first Brick Oven

Welcome, RGM!!
    You will find a lot of information on this forum that can help you with your build regardless ofthe design you have chosen. Look through the various parts of the forum and then start your own thread with pictures of your build as it progresses. We love pictures! Post lots of them!
    And if you have any questions or problems, there are a lot of folks here who have been down the path you are on that are more than willing to help out - just ask.
    Good luck with your oven project!

Comment

Originally posted by RobertoGMan View Post
      I'm living in Canmore Alberta and am working on my first brick oven. I had a clay oven when I lived in Golden, BC and it didn't withstand the winters too well. It wasn't on a proper foundation and didn't have much of a roof. But it was fun to cook in and I miss having one. So, I'm getting started here with something more permanent.

I posted some photos at:

Photo Sharing. Your Photos Look Better Here. | SmugMug

Its loosely based on the design from the "Bread Builders."
      Nice looking work RobertoGman. I'm sure this oven will serve you much longer than the clay one. I'll keep checking back for more pics.

Comment

Great looking oven Rob, I'm a little envious truth be known.. My own efforts will be somewhat more humble.. Loved your pic's mate..

Comment

Hey Rob,

So I'm not quite as far as yourself (as the pictures denote, I'm only on the platform at the mo)... But I must say that I am impressed with your photos and idea to build a more square-ish oven... I was considering the round style but am concerned only becuase my level of masonary work is less, than I would imagine, than anyone's here --- then I look at these photos and, with the level of detail enclosed in the pictures, hope to be able t produce something even remotely similar...Anyways, good job and one question I had to ask... How did you morter in the bricks on the floor there? Did you place them as the insulating cement set or what was the deal?

Comment

Working...
          X