New Build in Silverton, OR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Build in Silverton, OR.

I am building my oven hearth on a portion of an old carport. I am using 6x8x16 blocks instead of the larger ones. It is a corner build but I couldn't find on The Forum a good description of how to to mount the angle iron to secure the lintel at 45 degrees. I went ahead and did my own trial and error solution. Later when shoveling [not pouring] the top I took too long and part of it became too dry. I fixed it the best I could, so the base for the oven is a little rough but more or less level and, I think, solid enough. Later when ordering from Forno Bravo I noticed something odd about the freight rates from Federal Express. Somethings they allow you to order in 1-5 days but you add one more item or order a in different way they only show 2nd day or sooner rate. [The heart attack rate.] I was able to order the FB board and four bags of high fire mortar for no extra charge. If I had ordered the mortar seperately they [ FE] would have charged much more. Curious. Buying the mortar this way, along with FB board,was about $30.00 less per bag than the price for the equivalent product in this area. Heat Stop II-$ 86.00 for 50 lbs.

Welcome

We always ask for pictures so we can critique and help

Do you have a slab and stand ready yet?
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Re: New Build in Silverton, OR.

Thanks for your reply. The slab is part of an old carport, and I've built the stand and "poured" the hearth. As for pictures, I have't quite figured out how to do it yet, although I have read the posts on posting photos several times, it still seems like greek to me.
      Sometimes what some of the more timid computer users like myself need is a little ecouragement.
      Last edited by gmchm; 06-19-2011, 12:25 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
      X